• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 831a was giving me fits, but ultimately proved that I am an idiot

cavalrymedic

One of my 831a gensets was running just great. I got it two months ago, fueled it up, jump started it, and it ran like a top. I had to put a new fuel water filter and bowl on it, but that was all that was wrong with it. I let it run, with a load for a few hours just to make sure it was running well, and it was. Then, two weeks ago, I tried to start it up, and it would sputter and eventually die. The fuel gauge said 3/4 tank. So, I moved it into the shop and started working on it. I replaced the magnetic throttle assembly, and generally just fussed over the ting until I was going mad, but nothing worked. I decided it had to be the injector pump, but when I took off the site cover and looked at it, it was not frozen at all. So i checked to see of it was getting fuel. Nope, just drips. Well, it's gotta be that the fuel pump is bad. It energizes, but wont move any fuel. So I get to working on that. Well, just as I'm about to pull the pump and replace it with a spare, it dawns on me that I have not confirmed that the fuel gauge is actually any good. I pull the cap off of the tank and remove the strainer. Yup, no fuel. I spent days, DAYS, of head scratching. No fuel. Empty tank. One day, I will learn. Then again, maybe not.

Bmxenbrett

Some times its the simple things they get all of us.
I try to check all the simple stuff first on anything. Fluids, fuses and go from there.

The only time i actualy use the fuel gauge on these generators are when its running in the rain and im doing a quick spot check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks