• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 831a was giving me fits, but ultimately proved that I am an idiot

cavalrymedic

One of my 831a gensets was running just great. I got it two months ago, fueled it up, jump started it, and it ran like a top. I had to put a new fuel water filter and bowl on it, but that was all that was wrong with it. I let it run, with a load for a few hours just to make sure it was running well, and it was. Then, two weeks ago, I tried to start it up, and it would sputter and eventually die. The fuel gauge said 3/4 tank. So, I moved it into the shop and started working on it. I replaced the magnetic throttle assembly, and generally just fussed over the ting until I was going mad, but nothing worked. I decided it had to be the injector pump, but when I took off the site cover and looked at it, it was not frozen at all. So i checked to see of it was getting fuel. Nope, just drips. Well, it's gotta be that the fuel pump is bad. It energizes, but wont move any fuel. So I get to working on that. Well, just as I'm about to pull the pump and replace it with a spare, it dawns on me that I have not confirmed that the fuel gauge is actually any good. I pull the cap off of the tank and remove the strainer. Yup, no fuel. I spent days, DAYS, of head scratching. No fuel. Empty tank. One day, I will learn. Then again, maybe not.

Bmxenbrett

Some times its the simple things they get all of us.
I try to check all the simple stuff first on anything. Fluids, fuses and go from there.

The only time i actualy use the fuel gauge on these generators are when its running in the rain and im doing a quick spot check.