• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "ACE and a Half"

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still need a grille guard? I have a slightly bent one ill be taking off my M1009 in the near future that you can have. It could work for you with a little heat and modification to fit the ford bumper. Just have to arrange a pick up (1 hour drive).

Doug
That would be great! Yes Let me know when it is off and we will work it out, thanks!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I had it laying around and got tired of looking at it sitting there.

A note, though. One bed was from an A1 and one was from an A0. The mounting tabs appear to be in different positions! I would have thought that to mount the beds back for the extra space for the super singles they would have moved the tabs on the "frame" and not the beds??

Added an extra R&R as we didn't plan for that, but got it done in a few hours.
If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.... Your "new" dropside bed is from a 5-ton, but your old bed was from a Deuce. Note the extra length forward of the troopseats indicating the difference.

IMHO

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You? (took them off)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You and that truck have come a LONG way!! Did ya get the A/C fixed? I doubt if anyone would ever think that was once a "motor home"! Congrats!!

God bless,
Tony

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do you get all these great ideas?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpgpicked up a couple cabs/hoods to split with a friend, as well as a 4bt Cummins up in PA. 8 hour drive to NC and the truck didn't miss a beat. Best recovery truck I could ask for. Even got a thumbs up from a couple GrandMas in a mini van among others.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have the brush guards. There may be some GL items heading to the GA rally soon. What me to through them on the truck?

Truck looks great.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It's been dormant for 13 months or so.

I thought about it just the other day when I saw a former motorhome's cutaway cab and chassis for sale locally. I thought about recreating your project but already have too many irons in the fire.
It's good to see just how handy it is for you.

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks