• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

asgtoolman

I bought the same NATIONAL handles and did not like them and did not use them. The things about them that bothered me were: 1-could not get them keyed-alike [did not want two separate keys] and 2- could not get them changed to right-hand and left-hand [so you would have to pull up on one and down on the other or pull one back and one forward to open the doors.]
My locksmith got me handles that do what I want and I will get the info on them and post it.
The National and the ones I used require drilling and tapping new screw holes and cutting the length of the square rod [shaft] that comes on the new handles to the correct length.
If you don't mind the items I discussed above, I will be glad to sell you my National handles that I have sandblasted, primed and painted for the $30.00 that I have invested in the pair.[the new handles I installed cost about $50.00 for the pair]

srodocker

i just ordered the national ones. we'll see how it goes. doesnt bother me about the up ord down motion but the key thing sucks...oh well guess i have to get a keychain set for just the deuce because of all my padlocks aswell

asgtoolman

asgtoolman,

I would be interested in the info on the door handles that you ended up using.

Thanks

Finally had the time to dig up info on my door handles--They are made by National--model # NAC8759KAA and can be purchased from U S Lock --[800-925-5000] for $26.37 ea. The KAA suffix means keyed-alike, I don't want any more keys than necessary. I actually bought mine thru my local locksmith for this same price and had him change the "hand" on one so that both of mine unlatch their respective door by pulling down on lock; this seemed important to me.
I actually sanded mine to remove any mold marks and some of the square-shaped edges, lightly sandblasted them, primed and painted them before installation. Mounting holes in door have to be redrilled as the spacing on these new handles is a little closer together than original, and the "shaft" has to be cut off in length to match existing. Everything engages properly with original mechanism and all has worked well for the 4 months I have used mine.

Billy Bobbed

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Equipped with hi/off/low switch [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Must be mounted horizontally [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]3 Individual Heavy Duty Quartz Heating Elements with fan for forced air [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]4"H x 5"W x 6"D [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Connects directly to battery or fuse box [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Order a heater that draws less current then your Alternator's Amperage output (example: Alternator puts out 35 Amps, order a 30 Amp heater or less) [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Custom made to order [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Made in the USA[/FONT]

mine is Model [FONT=arial, helvetica]24-3500 24 volt 35 amp 980 watts 3345 BTUs [/FONT]

US Made 12, 24, 36 or 48 Volt Mini Infra-Red Quartz Cab Heater

Has anyone else used one of these heaters,I thought it would be nice to turn it on when I start the truck in the morning and let warm up a little and its instant heat.My coolant heater takes way to long to heat up when its 0 to 5 degrees out.Kinda pricey but what isnt anymore.

Last edited:

R Racing

Hey RobR if you don't mind me asking were did you purchase the power window motors and brakets from ? They look like a unaversal kit of some sort.

Jim

ok here is the dash all done I drove it home in the dark and I could read all my gauges
got all the switches installed
I also finished up the fuse blocks
put in 2 new batteries with all new connectors
greased all the fitting
synthetic oil change
I'm pretty sure those are optima red tops. my question is which model number are thy if u remember. i know its was long ago. ty in advance

I got the center consol with the stereo/gps all installed today as planned
sounds great
i was wondering what center console u used. also my qquestion is how dose yer sterio work??? i talked to crutchielsd on a Kenwood DNX7160 and they told me u cant mount it at a 90% angle like u did. so im curious what center console u boaught and how u got the radio working.

the radio im looking at is the JENSEN JHD 3620B with a unidin front mic cb in the console and a COBRA 7in GPSM 7700 mounted on the dash. i like yer center console alot andd wondering if u rember wher u got it

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks