• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My CUCV Clone M0009

cucvrus

DSCF7609.jpgDSCF7608.jpgDSCF7607.jpgDSCF7610.jpgDSCF7611.jpgDSCF7612.jpgI was told by several people that the windshield in the 74 K5 was a wee bit taller. I am not seeing it. I removed the windshield and measured the one I removed from Easter find M1008 and it was the same. Anyone know anything about that? I may be missing something. I was surprised at how nice the pinch weld was on the 74 A pillar. The top panel has a bit of rust but that is an easy fix. I will cut a piece of 12 gauge galvaneal and weld it in place up top all the way across. I was happy to score this 74 K5 and could not let it sit out in the weather anymore so I cut the entire windshield frame out and hung it in the barn. Same as the doors they are in the barn in the dry now also. All I need is to find somewhere to store the full top. Somewhere I don't have to move it. Probably a barn.

Attachments

reaper556

Want me to bring this one down? I can be persuaded to sell it to you.
LOL I wish, I don't even have a blazer to put it on

What did you end up doing with that fiberglass front you picked up a couple months ago? That was pretty neat also

Last edited:

cucvrus

I still have that. I got a solar panel and and a deep cycle battery. I want to hang it on my barn and have the lights work. I am working on building some LED lights for the headlamps. i also want to put bat racks inside it so the bats can use the under side for a bat house. I will post pictures when I get working on it. I hope soon. I want it out of the yard before winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks