• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My CUCV Clone M0009

cucvrus

DSCF7609.jpgDSCF7608.jpgDSCF7607.jpgDSCF7610.jpgDSCF7611.jpgDSCF7612.jpgI was told by several people that the windshield in the 74 K5 was a wee bit taller. I am not seeing it. I removed the windshield and measured the one I removed from Easter find M1008 and it was the same. Anyone know anything about that? I may be missing something. I was surprised at how nice the pinch weld was on the 74 A pillar. The top panel has a bit of rust but that is an easy fix. I will cut a piece of 12 gauge galvaneal and weld it in place up top all the way across. I was happy to score this 74 K5 and could not let it sit out in the weather anymore so I cut the entire windshield frame out and hung it in the barn. Same as the doors they are in the barn in the dry now also. All I need is to find somewhere to store the full top. Somewhere I don't have to move it. Probably a barn.

Attachments

reaper556

Want me to bring this one down? I can be persuaded to sell it to you.
LOL I wish, I don't even have a blazer to put it on

What did you end up doing with that fiberglass front you picked up a couple months ago? That was pretty neat also

Last edited:

cucvrus

I still have that. I got a solar panel and and a deep cycle battery. I want to hang it on my barn and have the lights work. I am working on building some LED lights for the headlamps. i also want to put bat racks inside it so the bats can use the under side for a bat house. I will post pictures when I get working on it. I hope soon. I want it out of the yard before winter.