• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my deuce gets an M60 ring.

sermis

Need help locating a pic. I know I saw where someone had a hard top and it had an access hole for the gun mount. Can't find it, anybody know where it is?. I am thinking about adding an access to mine. But I still want a soft top..........

FreightTrain

Banned
Saw several on GL that had the holes.Couple looked like a standard hard top with a hole cut in it.They cut the top off a 55 gallon drum and welded it into the hole on the roof.Guess you would remove the lid when you thought you was going to need teh MG and leave it on when in the Motor pool or on safe drill.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It isn't an official mod. It would be very easy though. Like it was said get the lid from a 55 gallon drum, cut out the lip, weld it on to give the edges of the hole rigidity (and not sharp), then cut out a circle about 2" oversize, rivet on some stringers for rigidity then use camlocks to put the cover on. :wink:

FreightTrain

Banned
The one I saw had some of the drum inside the cab but the 2 inches or so finger cut and folded over so it formed a flange of sorts then welded in place.

I was lucky and bought a brand new ring mount in the crate at Aberdeen 2 years ago. Got home Saturday night and started installation the next morning at 8 oclock. Had ring mounted completely by 12:30pm. Kit had complete instructions and every bolt and fitting was there. We mounted a block and tackle in a big tree and used our tractor to lift the ring up. We then drove the truck underneath. I got a metal replica of an M2 that everyone thinks is real. It was made by a guy in Richmond Michigan.

jwaller

Dave_McConnell said:
I was lucky and bought a brand new ring mount in the crate at Aberdeen 2 years ago. Got home Saturday night and started installation the next morning at 8 oclock. Had ring mounted completely by 12:30pm. Kit had complete instructions and every bolt and fitting was there. We mounted a block and tackle in a big tree and used our tractor to lift the ring up. We then drove the truck underneath. I got a metal replica of an M2 that everyone thinks is real. It was made by a guy in Richmond Michigan.
do you have his info? I have been looking for a good replica myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks