• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my deuce gets an M60 ring.

jwaller

I had access to a forklift and it made it much easier. I got 9 of the 12 to line up before I ran out of time but now I know the last 3 will go in it's just a matter of adjustment. and yes I had to rotate the ring to get the holes to line up and it took me the 3rd time before they matched up. It's much harder than I thought it would be. all the legs have to be in just the right spot and the ring base will only go 1 way on my truck.

readyman

sermis,
I traced the ring mount/holes on a piece of corrogated cardboard and lined up the holes in the legs. Then brought up the heavy stuff.

Boy... that's a nice M2 replica Jon Shoop has, never seen anything looking that good. Cycles linked ammo too!

Ida34 - Shoop's is much too nice($) to be sitting 10 feet in the air on a deuce. That plastic one I showed you the other day was only a couple hundred. It's a little rough, but hard to tell it's plastic when it's way up there.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Boy that looks great I am one pole and the ubolts short of getting the supports up and then I was going to fab a ring mount fake.

To answer the question about still using dueces in Iraq and Afghanistan the answer as late as last July is yes. They have sold a lot of them to the Iraqi Army and there are still a ton of them tooling around on base only as admin vehicles. See the picture( in my gallery) I snapped at the DRMO in Kuwait of duces waiting to be cut up it made me cry that day.

ida34

readyman said:
sermis,
I traced the ring mount/holes on a piece of corrogated cardboard and lined up the holes in the legs. Then brought up the heavy stuff.

Boy... that's a nice M2 replica Jon Shoop has, never seen anything looking that good. Cycles linked ammo too!

Ida34 - Shoop's is much too nice($) to be sitting 10 feet in the air on a deuce. That plastic one I showed you the other day was only a couple hundred. It's a little rough, but hard to tell it's plastic when it's way up there.
I saw the one in Sportsman's Guide for $299. Do you have a cheaper place to get one.

Side note. I hit the same weather coming back in the dark but still was able to do at least 25mph on the way back. Made it home by 10:30 our time 9:30 our time. I am looking at an M3 kit but just can't free up the money right now. I was thinking of getting a metal one that is capable of doing propane firing. Thanks again for a great visit. Sorry for you floor. We should have cleaned it up for you before we left but I did not think about it until we were gone.

Thanks
Chuck

sermis

Mine is real. Simi 1919A4 in 308 build from a parts kit into a simi auto. I have 3 different mounts for it shown. 1st is a M2 mount modified to hold the 1919A4. 2nd is a small mount. 3rd is the shield mount. Just need a linker and some ammo and then my kids; me too, can have some fun. When I find a place with a good backstop, I will have a M2HB to play with. Yes it is full auto.

jwaller

ida34 said:
readyman said:
sermis,

I saw the one in Sportsman's Guide for $299. Do you have a cheaper place to get one.

Side note. I hit the same weather coming back in the dark but still was able to do at least 25mph on the way back. Made it home by 10:30 our time 9:30 our time. I am looking at an M3 kit but just can't free up the money right now. I was thinking of getting a metal one that is capable of doing propane firing. Thanks again for a great visit. Sorry for you floor. We should have cleaned it up for you before we left but I did not think about it until we were gone.

Thanks
Chuck
I just bought the dummy M2 from sportsmans and I'm sending it back. it doesnt fit my mount and it looks like poo. the barrel has already cracked where it goes into the reciever.

readyman

jwaller,
Are they cast resin? I ordered one when they first offered them maybe two years ago, they kept extending delivery until they finally gave up on the supplier and cancelled my order. I saw it pop up again and didn't order thinking it was another waste of time.

jwaller

ya they appear to be cast resin. from 5-10ft they look pretty good but up close they aren't all that. I 'm just not happy with the way it looks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jwaller said:
ya they appear to be cast resin. from 5-10ft they look pretty good but up close they aren't all that. I 'm just not happy with the way it looks.
You get what you pay for, remember. That $750 kit from Jon Shoop looks expensive, but trust me, it's worth every penny in how it looks. Sportsman's seems to specialize in cheap imported crap nowadays. Used to bend over backwards to sell good American stuff for a good price, now the customer service department sucks, the wait time for most of my orders blows, and they are making a fortune off of selling imported garbage. Their surplus military gear is good, everything else I steer clear of.

jwaller

maddawg308 said:
jwaller said:
You get what you pay for, remember. That $750 kit from Jon Shoop looks expensive, but trust me, it's worth every penny in how it looks. Sportsman's seems to specialize in cheap imported crap nowadays. Used to bend over backwards to sell good American stuff for a good price, now the customer service department sucks, the wait time for most of my orders blows, and they are making a fortune off of selling imported garbage. Their surplus military gear is good, everything else I steer clear of.
ya it had stickers all over it that said made in korea. I knew I was in trouble.

I used a forklift to lift my ring onto my deuce.

ida34

When my son helped me load the ringmount into the back of my excursion he was silently trying to picture both of us hauling it up on top of the deuce. It took about two hours until he asked me about it and I reminded him we had a front end loader on the tractor. I think he was really worried about this one. :shock:

ida34

There was a guy at Thunder over Michigan last year that had some really good dummys. I had his card but lost it. I seem to remember that the price was not too bad. Anyone that was at the show know who this guy was? He was set up on the fence between the encampment area and the airpark.

sermis

I used 2 small chain hoists in the top of my shop. Drove under it and then turned intill some of the holes lined up.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sermis; where do you keep getting these ring mounts? Do you happen to have a spare set of legs? We need a set for that 2nd ring I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks