• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce In The Woods

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
Manstein said:
You get lots of friends when they find out you have a winch truck. I hope you made them pull cable. Looks like fun.
i never pull the cable unless im stuck. funny story, one time i was asked to assist in getting a powerstroke F350 out of a hole. i was told 5 trucks at once couldnt move it. i decided to use the winch and see what it got me. i have 2 normal sized military snatch blocks and one from a wrecker, the reallly really heavy one. i make this kid and his friend deploy all my equipment and chains. i told him to get in and get ready cause as soon as i bury the front wheels a bit im going to winch. upon trying to bury the wheels the truck pops out of the hole. it was pretty funny for me atleast. i made them put all my stuff back and then spool my cable in nice and tight for me

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
gimpyrobb said:
maccus said:
You might want to go back to the old style mirrors if you spend a lot of time in the woods. Cause if you snag one of those on a tree or something you will tear up the cowling for sure. They will not swing out of the way like the old ones did..........
Ask Gilbert! :twisted:
i was thinkin that but it looks cooler withthe big ones on it. i dont usually run it i areas that tight but if i rip them off its no big deal i can easily fix them.

FormerNewMVGuy

I'm about a 45 minutes north of trenton, give a yell ,or pm me if you are doing some more trail ridin!
I'm really only about 50 miles from you!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Anyone that has not gone wheeling in the New Jersey Pines must schedule a trip. I met some great folks there Nick and Mark and alot of others too. We had an instant bonding from the moment we pulled into the restaurant that was our Rally Point. I only had my little green truck as previously mentioned but I am definately taking the duece up there next time to run with Nick and Mark.

Now that we now you too are a pine and pond guy too Mike we should get a big SS rally going. I really would like to camp out and do a weekend when I get back from Korea but if you do it before then more power to you.

emr

Man this is an AWESOME thread!! Im in NJ and would love to deuce it in the pine Barrens any time!!! Been there a couple of times, with the M38, Randy

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Anyone that has not gone wheeling in the New Jersey Pines must schedule a trip. I met some great folks there Nick and Mark and alot of others too. We had an instant bonding from the moment we pulled into the restaurant that was our Rally Point. I only had my little green truck as previously mentioned but I am definately taking the duece up there next time to run with Nick and Mark.

Now that we now you too are a pine and pond guy too Mike we should get a big SS rally going. I really would like to camp out and do a weekend when I get back from Korea but if you do it before then more power to you.
when are you getting back stateside??

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
emr said:
Man this is an AWESOME thread!! Im in NJ and would love to deuce it in the pine Barrens any time!!! Been there a couple of times, with the M38, Randy
we should deffinetley set up a ride. i gotta get ahold of mark and see if he is down for the ride. i havent seen him in quite a while. theres lots of varying trails we can run. fire roads, tight trails, open pits, etc. tight trails are not that fun in a decue though. :lol: i can even take us up through town and ride along the firing ranges on the backside of fort dix. i always see troops training there with MVs parked and its a regular civilian traveled road so we wont get in any trouble doing so. lots of cool stuff out this way

joec

MUDLORD said:
joec said:
MUDLORD said:
whats goin on joe?? how ya been??
Great man how you been. Hows the truck running? The site is great alot of great people on here.
im pretty good. deuce is running good at the moment, the toyota is crushed hahaha
Dam sorry to hear about the yota. Looks i might be able to join you on a run as soon as i get my M35A2 w/winch on the road. Mike where is the patch at? That near PIC-A-LILLI

FormerNewMVGuy

MUDLORD said:
emr said:
we should deffinetley set up a ride. i gotta get ahold of mark and see if he is down for the ride. i havent seen him in quite a while. theres lots of varying trails we can run. fire roads, tight trails, open pits, etc. tight trails are not that fun in a decue though. :lol: i can even take us up through town and ride along the firing ranges on the backside of fort dix. i always see troops training there with MVs parked and its a regular civilian traveled road so we wont get in any trouble doing so. lots of cool stuff out this way
Sounds like a good time 8) I'm good to go anytime, Just give a holler!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks