• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce showed up yesterday...

New Toy

Just drove her to lunch; funny all the little vehicle just kinda move out of your way out there...

1970 AMGeneral M35A2C

Came from base in DesMoines, Ia yet (NO RUST AT ALL)

Next is to change the oil fiters to cartridge type, no more canister bs...

Tarp and Bows in near future, change all fluids, cab lights and dome light...

Air Raid air filter kit, I know the head honcho there...

Drive, Refuel, Drive, Refuel, Refuel and then probably drive some more....:-D

Definitely take kiddo to see Christmas lights in her this week...

I'm on the North Side of FtWorth up off of Heritage Trace Parkway...

Attachments

Do any of you know of an insurance company that will allow me to drive her more than 2500 miles a year, actually haul stuff and be covered? I'm a bit pissed right now b/c my insurance company can only find me these crappy $100 a year antique policies that basically state to only drive it in parades. What a load of %$@#!!!

Gotta be someone out there that's not too dang expensive.:evil:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do any of you know of an insurance company that will allow me to drive her more than 2500 miles a year, actually haul stuff and be covered? I'm a bit pissed right now b/c my insurance company can only find me these crappy $100 a year antique policies that basically state to only drive it in parades. What a load of %$@#!!!

Gotta be someone out there that's not too dang expensive.:evil:
Do an "Insurance" thread search - and alot of reading - I learned much and avoided high blood pressure/"insurance rage".

TexAndy

I use Victoria Insurance. Actually, it's a insurance agent service called "Falcon" but the actual insurer is Victoria.

No mile or use limits and 220 for 6 months as a 26 year old with 1 speeding ticket. Should drop a bit when that drops off my record in a couple of months.

If you go through them, be sure to title and register your deuce as a 1966 year model. Which means putting 1966 on the SF 97, when you order it. For some reason, Victoria charges less (about 40 bucks less) for insurance for a 1966 than a 1970 or later. don't ask me why, they just do.

The other one people seem to have good luck with here in Texas is State Farm. Ask pawnshop about them. He got an even better rate than I did with Victoria. Same deal. No restrictions.

eta: 2500 miles a year is alot for a deuce. And your arms. If you can find a better deal than 220 for 6 months but the only limit is 2500 miles a year, I'd go for them.

Just out of curiosity, who is it that has that 2500 mi/yr restriction and how much are they charging?

Last edited:

Heavysteven

I am jealous, mine is scheduled to arrive at my house in 27 hours. Little sleep last night and i am sure it's going to be worse tonight.

Nice truck good to hear your having fun.

Heavysteven

I am jealous, mine is scheduled to arrive at my house in 27 hours. Little sleep last night and i am sure it's going to be worse tonight.

Nice truck good to hear your having fun.

conductorx

Just out of curiosity, who is it that has that 2500 mi/yr restriction and how much are they charging?
I use American Collector Car and that limit is typical for the type of coverage they provide. Grundy and the other companies have similar requirements for antique or show cars.

Mine goes like this:

Agreed replacement Value: $12,000
Liability: $500,000
Mileage Limit: 2500 miles
Must be kept in a locked garage.
Pleasure use only. - No errands or work commuting.
No drivers under 25
All drivers in household must have an insured vehicle to drive other than the insured car.

$106 per year.

Gary