• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce!

GrizzlyEater

I was finally able to bring my big beauty home!!! I bought it from another Steel Soldier, very nice guy!! He made sure everything was ready to go on her before I got there to pick her up. Made the 55 mile trip with out any problems except a wasp that was in the cab and was freaking my daughter out!! The best thing about driving her is all the looks you get!! I mainly plan keeping everything stock, we'll see about any upgrades as I get to know her a bit more. I plan on just keeping her up and treating her with the respect she deserves. I will be getting the bows and canvas cover as soon as I can. Probably next summer I'll either replace or fix the troop seats. I'm very happy I have something to post about on this site instead of drooling over everyone else's trucks!! I'll post more pics in the weeks to come of anything I do to her. The other thing I need to do is figure out a name for her! Here's some pics of MY 1967 Kaiser-Jeep with Winch.

004.jpg
HTML:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]518204._xfImport[/ATTACH][/HTML[ATTACH=CONFIG]518205._xfImport[/ATTACH]]

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stock or near stock is what I like. I do think spin-on filters are a good upgrade. Building oil pressure faster is a nice perk. I always let mine warm up before I take it out and treat it very well even though I do play with it offroad a couple times a year (no severe mud or water so I dont need to PM bearings). With you treating it nice and going over every detail, fixing things, PMing stuff that isnt broke yet, etc. etc., it will last a long, long time. :driver:

bonedoc

Very nice looking deuce. Good luck with it. Your list of things to do and want to do will probably out pace the done list....lol. The troop seats are fairly easy to rebuild unless you really want a fiberglass set, I seen guys buy cedar boards to replace the rotted ones. I replaced any of my wooden ones that were rotted with pressure treated. Once they are painted it all looks the same.

Dipstick

Nice truck. I wish you many happy miles in it. I agree with WildChild.....spin on oil filters are a must and very easy to do. Your oil pressure will come up much faster after installing them.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohhhh...you got DEUCEFACE! Symptoms are ear-to-ear, persistent grin that won't go away while near the truck. There is no known cure. Maybe sipping Diesel in small quantities, or re-doing axle seals more than three times in a week, but the results are inconclusive.
At least you found the right self-help group!

Lindsaym151

Owned my Deuce 3 yrs,
Now im changing to spin off's this year!
She's not going anywhear and neither am I, might as well make it easier on both of US!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck, with a winch no less! The automatics are nice, but I still like jamming gears manually :driver:

FloridaAKM

Welcome on your new to you truck! She looks great & you look very happy. Keep up the faith & drive her on a regular basis! That smile won't go away for a very long time, if ever!

GrizzlyEater

Thanks everyone!! I really love this group of guys! And yes I really do have the deuceface!! (my wife got a kick out of that). So today I painted the bed and seats to get rid of the white that was in there and scraped off the loose paint. I added a splash of coolant just to be sure it was topped off and checked the oil to make sure it was full also. I plan on flushing the radiator and changing the oil in the spring as well as replacing the troop seats. Finaly put the winch to work (not the wife lol). My dad had cut down a couple of dead trees near the horse pasture and I hooked up the winch to the fallen trees down the hill and pulled them up, the RPM's didn't even move!! Then took the kids on an awesome fall drive, not really fall weather at 80 degrees! I've included a couple pics of the bed before and after and the girls in the bed before a nice ride, my son was in the cab with me.
20140928_131426.jpg20140928_142239.jpg20140928_153658.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks