• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first army truck and it BIG

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the link to the roof membraine I was talkin about:

Direct 2 U Sales EPDM Roof Liner

I don't have any ties to these people and I haven't bought anything from them so you will
need to do your own checks on them. They appear to be legit, but I really don't know.

Bruce

Bighurt

My wife tolerates my hobby, the 5 year old loves it, the 7 year old could go either way. I made my wife read this post and asked her why she couldn't get this excited. She told me that I'm obsessed with all my trucks and that she is there to give balance. She has never told me I couldn't buy something if I presented it right. She often helps with a third hand when I need help. She is always there to remind me that she pushed the engine hoist in place when I was installing my motor in my M37 and she was six months pregnant. I think I have her talked into Haspin next year.
My wife is supportive as well although she doesn't vocalize it so well. Shes a rough third hand, and a horrible spotter but i love her.

NSCoyote

Congrats Mrs Indy4x4fab, defintly a good choice in a first MV i am looking forward to more pics of your progression on this truck as well as future MV's you purchase as your own :)

indy4x4fab

Banned
just curiouse..where have the "other" two wheels gone? Did you purchase it like that? and what size tires are on the truck now? also does it have the cummins engine it..
When glen (91w350) went to pick it up it had three good tires on it, two that had shredded and one that was very badly dry rotted, so he had to chain the front tandems up to the frame so he could tow it home form G.L. And yes, it has 855 c.i. nhc 250 cummins, I told her if she was going to get a truck too, it needed to be the same 809 series as mine or bigger, in case I break something and on my 818 and we need to be able to tow bar mine home or vise-versa. Its basically a m818 truck chassis, just a box on the back and no passenger fuel tank instead of having daul fuel tanks and a fifth wheel hitch.

Attachments

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
This is what it looked like went it was in servise. A buddy told me that these where the first trucks on the beach went doing a beach head landing and that they orcastraited the landing craft as to where to load and unload, until a more perment H.Q. could be built and then take over the operations. This one truck has people in four different states with over 70 mil. time served looking for info on this truck and so far its like looking for a needle in a hay stack, when it comes to find go hard info on this truck.

These are the only two photos I could find and its not the same truck as Aubreys, the A.C. unit is off set to the drivers side, so there had to be more then just one built. I thing at least a 100 of them had to been built.

Attachments

Last edited:
i cant believe that nick was this lucky to find such a rare truck for me,i think im going to go with the all tan and i think silver on top.thank you everyone for congrats.i love doing this with nick,this is one thing that i really like to do with him,not to say i dont like helping him put together his other trucks but this is our time no kids, no phones,nothing else.i have to say i cant wait for this to be done because im not the outdoors sleeping in a tent on a airbed.we will post more pictures as we go,i may be going with him to pick it up in April.:D:D

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that is an awesome truck! I'll certainly be looking forward to seeing it when you bring it down to Haspin! I kinda think you'd like it best if you keep it tan...I agree with the others that the darker colors will likely make it pretty warm inside. Hoping that you and Nick get it on the road soon!

Jerry:driver:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Come to find out the 810 is one of 12 ever made 6 went to the Beachmaster Unit One and the other 6 went to the Beachmaster Unit Two. Aurbeys 810 was sent over seas dearing the Operation Desert Storm. So we have a rare piece of history here. Beachmaster Unit was always paired up with the U.S. Navy SeaBees, when it came to beach head landings and often worked hand and hand. Still trying to did up more info on these trucks but its not easy going, do to the fact only two units ever us these trucks. I have two retired army buddies and two active duty navy buddies doing there best to pool there resores to find out more about these truck.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Last know info.

Organization:W7M9, GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE SITE USPFO ACTIVITY KANSAS ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Nomenclature:TRUCK VAN EXP 5-TON
Model:M820
NSN:2320000509006
Serial Number:C12511323
Registration Number:9635810
Year of Mfg:1984 Aug 07

rickf

There is a Seabee in our 151 group, he was Vietnam but he is still active with the Seabee get togethers. I will forward this info to him.

Rick

firefirefire90

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks