• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first deuce, which turbo?

which turbo

• whistler "c"

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • "D"

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters

1qwkgoat

My Deuce from GL, look at the pick, vote in the poll

Let me start by saying I know how to identify the turbo's. While I'm still waiting for my EUC to clear I've gotten curoius as to which turbo it has. From the GL pic you can't see the exhaust side of the housing very good. I'm hoping people who have actually seen them in person may be able to make a better guess then me.
From the pic I think it looks narrow like a whistler

Take a second and register your guess on the Poll above. When I get the truck I'll see whether the majority of the member on here where able to guess correctly.

Yes I'm bored at work, yes the wait for the EUC is getting to me

Attachments

Last edited:

1qwkgoat

I don't care which turbo it is. I'm just getting bored of this waiting game on the EUC. While I was on govliq site checking my EUC status I looked at the pic's of the truck, it made me start to wonder which turbo it was.

I was bored here at work and surfing the site, decided what the heck I'll make a thread with a poll. See what everybody else think, I know the picture isn't the best. When I get the truck figured I'd see if the the majority on here guessed correct or not.

1qwkgoat

I've already talked with several shippers, and I think atankersdad may have a lead on a shipper for me also. The wait sucks.

Come people 71 views and only 5 votes. i know the picture sucks, just give it your best guess.

armytruck63

I can't really tell by the photo which turbo this is, but if you're asking which I prefer, it is the quieter "d" turbo, having owned both.

I wouldn't pass up on a truck with a whistling "C" turbo, however!

Jinx

I can't vote since I'm by no means a turbo expert. My truck has an oddball LDS turbo. Sounds like a D turbo at idle and whistles when driving.

AaronW

Oops...I voted before I read the whole question. I thought you wanted to know which one to "go" for. I voted "D" so that more "C's" would be left for me.:p

1qwkgoat

You 2 make and bet and then tell the people at battle creek to hurry up with my EUC so that I tell you who won the bet

1qwkgoat

That pic is all I got. I look at those 6 pics GL took of it atleast once a day as I wait on my EUC

This day and age you can get a loan approval/denial in 60 secs. Average time for the government to approve or denyl the sale of big old truck about a month.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That pic is all I got. I look at those 6 pics GL took of it atleast once a day as I wait on my EUC

HEHE, mine is sitting not 3ft from my kitchen door. I can even jump in it and drive it anywhere I want, any time I want!

Wow, that was mean, sorry. ;-)

1qwkgoat

HEHE, mine is sitting not 3ft from my kitchen door. I can even jump in it and drive it anywhere I want, any time I want!

Wow, that was mean, sorry. ;-)
Why don't you walk the 3 dam feet out there and take a picture under the hood of yours from about the same angle and lets compare it to my picture:grin:. The EUC wait is making me mean to. Judging from your avatar you have a 5 ton though.

But hey anybody else that wants to could try and snap a picture from the same angle as the picture GL took and we can compare the "known" picture to my picture

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
One of my deuces is here at the house. The problem with your pic is that it was taken by a gl employee. The sun is washing out any definition that could pinpoint exactly what you have. How far awy is the deuce? Take your paid in full invoice printed up and show the guy at GL. Tell him you want to do a pre-inspection of your property.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks