• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first hooker.. Hubba! Hubba!

citizensoldier

Well the battle is over the dust has settled and she is now the official OD yard whore.. How did I ever get by without her..
Tomorrows activities.. Move those stinken M880 axles out of my way, lift M42 bed off, lift M42 box off, lift ammo trailer for fun, grease, grease, grease,charge batteries, lift small barn because I can, pull down trees with big stinken winch after lunch.. Man and this is day 1..
Enjoy the pics guys.. She drove home like a dream, had lots of power, everything works so far.. :shock: :shock: :roll:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:green with envy:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahh, all I see are wreckers, where are the hookers??? :D Or is that politically incorrect?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheredya find the 816? Wishin I had an M880 so I could swap you out of a set of axles.

Rattlehead

Congrats Lane on the sweet hooker! Did you drive it home all the way? Details on the recovery!

I wonder what p's a wife off more, getting a hooker or a wrecker?

You know its now gonna be a lot easier for you to drag more stuff home. Green things in the yard will grow exponentially!

Don't tear up too much stuff when you're out there playing!

TedG

Nice score Lane! you wanna sell it? I see that you are putting it work right away and making her earn her keep! What will the neighbors says with you out there at night with those lights? Also, drive her down here to get the tires so I can lift my mog plow out of the barn...it weighs 2000lbs!

Regards, have fun and becareful!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
All I need now is an 816.....and my collection will be complete.*

*Unless my ship comes in and I can get the DUKW I so desperately need....and a UH-1D..and an F-14D........

citizensoldier

If the weather clears up I might just do that Ted! It drives like a dream and has no power issues at all to me.. Yes, most truckers say they are guttless dogs but its all I want for get up and go on 35K pounds. It will be hard to get back in the M109 that power steering will spoil you fast..
Dave said the pump is turned up a notch.. That old indian just put his ear on the hood, it was the first thing out of his mouth. Gotta love that guy! He has helped me allot and I have learned so much about this big stuff from him. 5 years ago I would never have thought I would have anything bigger than a CUCV/M37.. WRONG!
As for delivery! It was a pain in the butt! But patients and some last minute changes and it all worked out in the end. I had to unload it in Gaylord dew to the fact they put it on a single drop that had no ramps! Therefore , not knowing if it would run, roll, do anything? Dave P drove his 819 to work and was going to unload it and tow it to his house for me with the 819 so we could work on it. He had some complictions on the way down so I put my trusty jump starter on it and Kablam! She fired right up! Good oil pressure and all.. I had a stuck air valve on the trans so it would not pump up.. Fixed that and I let Dave P drive it off the trailer. It had no brake pedal so I wanted him to do it. The trucker unfortunately caught the front brake line with the chain! Therefore we fixed that, I checked all other fluids, and away I went! Was a blast driving home and lots of finger pointing.. I loved it! Cant wait until cruise night and some parades..
A bonus found by Dave P was a full set of chains for it in the back side compartments. Bring on the snow! I think this one was in winter operations or spent some time on civi roads? Just by some of the rust issues and the camo job?? Wish they could talk!
I have also taken 8 of them glow sticks off of it?? Strapped in variouse strategic locations? Night ops of somekind? It has all new tires much better than NTD's, ground spades,vice,heater, and strobes.. I am very happy with it so far. This was a must for me working on this heavy stuff. Putting plywood down to use my engine hoist was getting old. Now I can pull the dumper motor, move some of my shelters, pick up sap tanks, and so on..
Thanks for all you comments guys and its nice to share ones exsperiance with others who like the same old junk I do.. Or atleast act like it.... :D
Lane

TedG

RE: Day 2

Your hooker truck looks excited! Must be the snow that brings a chance for it to work!

offroaddiesel

nice hooker lane its always a pleasure checking out your pics. man could i do some damage with that.i drive my wife crazy when i move my vehicles around,i could drive her over the edge with that. lol. steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks