• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first hooker.. Hubba! Hubba!

citizensoldier

offroaddiesel said:
nice hooker lane its always a pleasure checking out your pics.
Thanks Offroaddiesel! I enjoy posting them and learning.. So why I am on the subject of learning about my new yard hooker
Does anyone have pictures of the bow and canvas setup on these? Did they have a way of heating the boom cab? If so anyone have pictures or manual diagrams for this? Maybe a multifuel heater mounted on it? She needs some heat and a cover back there! :D

Armada

WOOHOO!!!! Awesome!! Congrats buddy!!! It was worth the wait then!! Man is that a beaut! Can't wait for a 5T weekend get-together at your place!!! That is just the ticket for a winch install!!! ;)

citizensoldier

Recovry4x4 said:
JT has the bows and canvas. If you want to enclose it, shop for the kit from the 819
Dave and I compared his 819 and mine and the crane tubs are different. I dont think a 819 will work. Has anyone done this? I have two bows on mine for the crane cab but not sure how iit is supposed to work. Any pics? What is JT's?
A couple other dumb questions .. Is there a different winter front for the 800 series trucks? Arctic kit? If so the batteries dont go under the passenger seat like a deuce do they? Dont see how they would fit 4-6T batteries in there.
I think I am in love with my hooker! :D Does that make me a pimp? :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JT = John Tennis or Jatonka. Dunno about the cab scene. That truck should already have 4 batts right? You could prolly improvise a crane bucket enclosure with wood and plexiglass and use a tent heater for comfort. Who's the poor bastid that will be doing the rigging while you are basking in the heated crane bucket?

citizensoldier

[quote="Recovry4x4" Who's the poor bastid that will be doing the rigging while you are basking in the heated crane bucket?[/quote]
Ummmm.. Well.... Why do you think I got married!.. Oh shoot if she sees this I will hav to have a heater because I will be sleeping in the cab. :shock:
I know I could build something real easy and might just do that. I just have never seen the military "stock" setup.. Kind of want to see how the GI's did it.
It has 4 batteries in it but I was wondering how a arctic kit would work. By this the deuce one moves the battery tray under the seat.. Maybe same thing for the 5 ton then.. Just learning. thanks kenny.

citizensoldier

Well you guys said you like pictures

More pics for your viewing pleasure.. Can you see why I need a cab on the crane. It cold out and my butt keeps getting wet.. I looked at the canvas top pictures on that post Kenny.. Well I might just have to build one because 2 inches of snow and that thing is toast! All that desighn in the crane and that is what they come up with? Hmmm..

I like that they put a nato slave cable hook up on the back of the wrecker.. Sure is nice for when you cant get next to it.. You guys like my 22 hp Wisconsin fired battery charger/starter? Man I love it now!

Attachments

offroaddiesel

and again lane great pictures,looks like someone having fun. 24 more hrs and vacation for me 3 weeks off yahoo. will be going to schotts in greene to look at trucks. steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks