• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV Looking at the M816

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this might be a stupid question but the M816 and the M936 are still considered a 5 ton? I know with the winch and suspension it should be heavier.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this might be a stupid question but the M816 and the M936 are still considered a 5 ton? I know with the winch and suspension it should be heavier.
5 ton = the rated capacity that it can haul off road.

The actual weight of a 5 ton wrecker is in the neighbor hood for 38,000#

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm Live in Warner Robins GA and have a 816. Your welcome to come down and check it out if you like. its a very useful vehicle.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm Live in Warner Robins GA and have a 816. Your welcome to come down and check it out if you like. its a very useful vehicle.
That will probably work. I will see about coming down with my buyer soon when he goes to Warner Robbins Base then I could come by and check it out.

I will save your info and pm you when I know I might can head down.

Thanks

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about the cable on these when you get them off of GL. With some of these sitting for so long can the crane cable and the winch cables corrode or rust together where it could not be unwound with out cutting it away? Or have to replace all the cables because of age? I know this could get rather pricey.

Lawrence of Arabia

I just scored a M816 on GL. Still waiting on EUC. I bought mine for the crane. Need it to do some occasional lifting for my business.

I won it on a Friday and the Wife was in a bad mood so I kept quiet. Sat. morning we were having coffee. I just casually looked at her and siad, honey I bought a wrecker. She says, is this your confession? Then she says, well you needed it. I was stunned.

Can't wait to go get it and see what it is capable of.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like she took it well and you didn't get a face full coffee.

I hope it will all work for you. Thats the main reason I started looking at these is because I need one for my business it really never needs to leave the property once I get it set up. But at the same time it would be great to take one of these to the GA Rally this year and be able to help fellow SS'rs out with loading and unloading if needed of me.

So to me this seems to be more useful to me then a Deuce but I hope to have one or the other before this years rally.

Let us know how it turned out for ya! And send a picture or two!

Thanks

metalman99

What is GL?

What is GL?

How about the cable on these when you get them off of GL. With some of these sitting for so long can the crane cable and the winch cables corrode or rust together where it could not be unwound with out cutting it away? Or have to replace all the cables because of age? I know this could get rather pricey.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks