• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV

biscuitwhistler37

Soooo this whole time I thought I had a Hercules with a c turbo....... Wrong! It's a D turbo, and the engine tag says mfd in 2 of 92!! The more you know.....
20240208_175443_(1).jpg

I especially love the advertised HP of 4, seems accurate 😆. Onward and upward!!!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soooo this whole time I thought I had a Hercules with a c turbo....... Wrong! It's a D turbo, and the engine tag says mfd in 2 of 92!! The more you know.....View attachment 916335

I especially love the advertised HP of 4, seems accurate 😆. Onward and upward!!!
Maybe 134hp? C turbo has a super strong whistle, D is quieter and actually produces a VERY small amount of HP more than C......idk about mfg date.....military does weird stuff.

biscuitwhistler37

Maybe 134hp? C turbo has a super strong whistle, D is quieter and actually produces a VERY small amount of HP more than C......idk about mfg date.....military does weird stuff.
I think its actually 164, either way guessing the original puked and in went this one. It's strange, this turbo whistles pretty loud, which is why I thought it was the C originally, but I looked at it today while I was under the truck and there it was, stamped on the bottom of the unit, Schweitzer D. I take it as a win, if the D is this loud, I don't want a C 🙃

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gonna say... if you have a "C" turbo, there will be absolutely NO DOUBT in your mind... be cause your mind quits working after about 30 minutes of driving it! 😅😆😁

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you need to get the Deuce dyno-tested to sort out the 4hp - 134hp - 167hp mystery! ;-)
There is a chance it makes a full 80hp at the wheels!

It is a good surprise to find out that they dropped a late production multi into the truck. Have you checked the transmission, too? Maybe it was a whole driveline transplant!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks