• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first oil change...

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some pics of my oil change. Did not make much of a mass and I waited about 2 hours for the oil to drain back.
Well I did make a mass, I hit the side of the FULL drain pan.

Also here are some pics of the filters I took out and the Wix filters I put is. The old ones are by the Wix box and the new ones are by the Metal cans.
:driver:

Attachments

yamabro

I'm due for a change too, I would really like to take it to Wal-mart and video their response.
But i'd be darned if they ever touched my truck,(no offense if you work at Wal-mart)

mcmullag

I had read up on here before changing mine. I keep a deuce notebook by the laptop and write down part #'s and stuff as I read. Stuff like, filter #'s, specifications, belt #s, hose #s, etc. Things I will need to know in the future.
I let the oil drain for about a half hour into two empty 5 gallon buckets, one under each sump plug. The truck had sat for 3 weeks without running before I did it. I wanted to make sure all the old oil had made it's way back down to the sump. :) I did the job on dirt. The filters had drained out but in the filters' base area, there was some oil sitting there so I got that out with some paper towels. Got the filters at NAPA #1133, and 22 qts or 5.5 gallons of Shell Rotella 15W-40 at wallyworld (they have that stuff in quarts, gallon jugs, and 5 gallon buckets). Oh and I substituted one quart for some magic engine oil additive elixir, can't remember which one I picked. I took my time and the job went well.
A bag of oil-dry or kitty litter is your friend, when wrenching over a concrete floor.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks