• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first oil change...

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some pics of my oil change. Did not make much of a mass and I waited about 2 hours for the oil to drain back.
Well I did make a mass, I hit the side of the FULL drain pan.

Also here are some pics of the filters I took out and the Wix filters I put is. The old ones are by the Wix box and the new ones are by the Metal cans.
:driver:

Attachments

yamabro

I'm due for a change too, I would really like to take it to Wal-mart and video their response.
But i'd be darned if they ever touched my truck,(no offense if you work at Wal-mart)

mcmullag

I had read up on here before changing mine. I keep a deuce notebook by the laptop and write down part #'s and stuff as I read. Stuff like, filter #'s, specifications, belt #s, hose #s, etc. Things I will need to know in the future.
I let the oil drain for about a half hour into two empty 5 gallon buckets, one under each sump plug. The truck had sat for 3 weeks without running before I did it. I wanted to make sure all the old oil had made it's way back down to the sump. :) I did the job on dirt. The filters had drained out but in the filters' base area, there was some oil sitting there so I got that out with some paper towels. Got the filters at NAPA #1133, and 22 qts or 5.5 gallons of Shell Rotella 15W-40 at wallyworld (they have that stuff in quarts, gallon jugs, and 5 gallon buckets). Oh and I substituted one quart for some magic engine oil additive elixir, can't remember which one I picked. I took my time and the job went well.
A bag of oil-dry or kitty litter is your friend, when wrenching over a concrete floor.

Attachments