• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My HERD of trucks made it home!

A big thanks to Westfolk for his role in getting my HERD home! Just a few pics of them in their temporary resting place. I hit the jackpot in the way of locked tool boxes, the M52 not only had tools and a jack but they were brand spankin' new! The 35 w/o had about the same but used and one of the 109's had a box with some great stuff too!

For your review............ remember, I'm transferring next summer so everything is still for sale, sadly....... I think however, whichever 4 sell first, will dictate which one I'll keep!!!!! Hopefully. I should be getting my orders in the next few months.

I've also included a picture of one of the two 28 VDC gen sets that I have, I don't know what I'm going to do with them, each has less than 10 hours and look perfect, one is still in the crate! Any ideas would be great, or if anyone would like to buy one of them! please PM.

V/r
Rob

Attachments

nattieleather

Pick which truck you want and set off to the side and sell the others. IMHO I'd take the cargo with the winch, but that tracktor looks cool.....

westfolk said:
Rob,
Did you find the chain I left on the ground? Add that to your "to good to be true" list of good stuff you got. I was hoping there would be something in the locked boxes.

How about the last truck I brought in from Richmond? Batteries is all it needed....or a jump, if you will? I see it's lined up with the rest now.

Oh and the genset I brought home......gave it some fuel and a couple pulls....runs fine.
Glad the Gen runs, let me know if you find a use for it..... I did indeed get your chain, right where you left it, it's now hanging from the front of the WW.

when I drove over to fart around with the trucks today I took the wifes car so no jumper cables, I just swapped out the batteries from the 109 with the brake issue, i put the dead ones on the charger in the garage, I'll load test them this weekend.

Hey speaking of brake issues, I got behind the wheel of the 35W/O today, drove it around the yard, then almost ran into my wifes subaru when the brake pedal went to the floor repeatedly. Thank goodness for a working E brake. Air pressure was good, and if fluid was low it should have built pressure as the pedal got pumped......sooooo I checked them all and fluid wasn't squirting out near any hubs, air leak maybe?

ida34

What are the prices on all this stuff and for your tents? Be sure to post them in the classified section also.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: your wish is my command

Unless you are getting transfered to a LORAN station in Bermuda, keep two and do a Diti move. I have moved many times in the Army and all but the first I have done myself and the Army paid me to move my family. Get the trucks weighed and then load them up and drive them to the new duty station. If I was doing it I would look to trade a duece for a van trailer for the M52 and then let my wife drive the M109 or a duece you could that way keep two. And get paid to move your trucks as well as the household goods

Definately something I've considered very seriously, I still have to thin out the herd first. I also have a little time.... my orders should come shortly, I won't have to go anywhere until July, there's plenty of time for all sorts of options right now, I just don't want to be stuck with 5 trucks when my orders come in for Alaska....... Not a soul has shown interest in the Tractor, which works to my advantage of course as I am most reluctant to sell it....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I'm glad to see Macon got his truck. Looks good. We need to have a little Tidewater get together sometime real soon GH. We'll get all of our trucks together for a drive-in at Hooters or something. I've got my 818 running strong and will be itching for a road-trip as soon as my SF97 shows up. It's been almost 2 months since I sent in the request form. GL said they were really back up when I called last week. I would hate to be selling trucks for a living with them taking this dang long to get the paperwork out.

I concur! Tidewater drive in, we'll plan it for the spring!

Macon was like a school boy, we shook hands made our deal, then stood there staring at the trucks for another hour and a half! It warms my heart, and gets me excited all over again to see others excited about them!

RE: Re: meetup

don't let that excitement fade over the next few months........ we should wait until tourist season picks up a little and make a few passes down the strip at VA beach, moo hoo ha ha ha.