• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My HERD of trucks made it home!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: meetup

Yeah, that would be classic. 6 or 8 big green monsters rolling down Atlantic would be great! Hopefully, I'll have my tags after the first of the year. I'm going to make a point to come out and check out your trucks in my 818. We'll make plans then!

Re: RE: Re: meetup

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I really can't buy another tractor but if you have the cutter in your avatar for sale let me know.
I can't imagine what shipping/ fuel costs would be to Korea from Alaska........ she burns 300 an hour per engine at full steam!

Ha, that reminds me of a gag from years ago when I was at the small boat station. It's seems rather childish now but it was funny as heck back then. We placed a for sale ad in the paper with all the info for one of our utility boats in it, added the master chiefs phone number. We thought we were soooo clever and original, we just sat and waited for him to say something, get mad etc etc. turns out, when they printed the ad they messed up a digit in the telephone number so we didn't get even one call.............. oh well, deeds of mice and men and all that..............does that really apply here? Oh well you get my point, it really does seem childish lookin back now............................

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, a convoy down Atlantic avenue during the tourist season? you bet I'm in! Now I just have to get a deuce up here...:roll:

Or maybe I'll buy your M52 Gunnershusband! Does it have the multi? I'm looking for a tractor now, so I can get a trailer and haul all my stuff home letting the Navy pay for it like ArmyMan30years said.

Blake

Driving down atlantic avenue at VA beach in the summer is not a good idea. The cops are terrible and yes they will stop army trucks :) . Trust me...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Blake said:
Driving down atlantic avenue at VA beach in the summer is not a good idea. The cops are terrible and yes they will stop army trucks :) . Trust me...
Sounds like there is a story in there Blake! Do tell!

We could meet up and then head down to Pungo and Sandbridge. There is public parking right across from the beach where we could stop and chill for a while.

mhodges

ditto^ sounds interesting... ive been stopped before on atlantic for driving down the road more than 3 times in one hour, because i was trying to get into a parking garage and the entrance was backed up. the cop was a real chump, but at least he didn't give me a citation...

Ahhhh the communist wealth of Virginia, you gotta love it!

It seems as though we are developing a heck of a plan for the spring, now all we have to do is wait on our SF97's so we can "legally" drive them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks