• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Hmmwv M998 from Fort Polk TX- Rebuild

Fate3d

Update, we had alot of rain and did not get much done. Did get the hood repair done. Plan on getting the hmmwv painted. Working on fab some stuff today.
Water Fording Stack, Hood Prop bracket, Front Brush Guard.IMG_3730.jpgIMG_3728.jpgIMG_3732.jpg

Fate3d

Been crazy busy but got my brush guard built and Repaired rear seat base. Got around replacing the all the coolant hoses and surge tank. But the tank did not last long till it started leaking. Plan on building a metal tank. Just don't want to spend $300 on a aluminum tank. Working on the driver door I got at a good price but it needed some repair.Then I need to start looking for 3 more doors I need:)
IMG_3847.jpgIMG_3837.jpgIMG_3859.jpgIMG_3860.jpgIMG_3861.jpg

Fate3d

Getting more done. Door repaired and started to repaint the humvee. Got the cargo cover and 2 rear whip antenna base installed. Broke the alternator shaft and waiting for parts :(. Working on the stereo and speakers. Plan on mounting the head unit under the radio shelf so I can add a military radio later. Fyi I went ahead and bought the alum. surge tank on fbay. Worth every penny very well built. Got a pulse tech Solargizer and works great. Its a must have item. Last pic I just have the stereo laying there but going to mount it under shelf and then mount amp above. Will post pics when I get to that point. Send me a PM if you need anything custom made for your humvee.

IMG_3891.jpgIMG_3892.jpgIMG_3905.jpgIMG_3906.jpgIMG_3907.jpgIMG_3909.jpg

Last edited: