• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Humvee build out #Beast

Perkman87

Is that the factory seat base drilled to match the seats? It's hard to tell with all the pretty bedliner on it.
We cut the original mounts off and put those parallel steel pieces in its place

Here is the rear. Custom cut aluminum plates replace the original ones and we used mounting hardware every 6 inches

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you mounted the tires without the runflats? I thought that was unsafe to do on the military wheels.

You are correct...the mil rim requires it as the lip on the rim is not a standard lip that will lock the bead, thus the run flat is a bead lock as well...if you go with no run flat, it should have bead locks...personally and through many many years experience on road and off....I will always have run flats.

Perkman87

You are correct...the mil rim requires it as the lip on the rim is not a standard lip that will lock the bead, thus the run flat is a bead lock as well...if you go with no run flat, it should have bead locks...personally and through many many years experience on road and off....I will always have run flats.
The ride is a world of difference for street drivability. But I understand where you are coming from. If I were to really air down and tackle serious terrain, I would 100% do a different wheel and tire combo. But for what I use it for it will be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks