• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my latest creation

whistlepig

I like your comment emr. I started this project last year when I purchased a couple of top kits really cheap from a
SS member. Later I read on this site that Patracy was thinking about a similar project,he even started a hmmwv blueprints thread. I'm not sure what happened to his project . Anyway ,I was able to measure a real Humvee at the local sheriff dept. and with a lot of comparing dimensions with the doors and top from my new top kit ,plus purchasing a actual hmmwv hood and windshield frame was able to form my plan to build a dimesionaly correct hmmwv style truck. gerrycan, your correct on the steering box being dodge sourced,but the frame and axles (dana 44 and dana 60 ) came from Ford pickups.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

You should be both pleased and proud of that project. That truck IS "military" in your minds eye and intention. You know what?..It LOOKS military and (probably) behaves and peforms as such in some regards. So, go drive it, show it, Enjoy it. Post a detailed write up with pictures of the project.

whistlepig

Thanks,for all the comments. The engine is a ford 300 straight 6 attached to a np435 4 speed and 205 transfer case. Had to move the engine and tranny back severel inches ,also lowered the combo in the frame.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks,for all the comments. The engine is a ford 300 straight 6 attached to a np435 4 speed and 205 transfer case. Had to move the engine and tranny back severel inches ,also lowered the combo in the frame.
Well I think you chose a darn near indestructible power pack for that rascal!!:papabear: says :goodjob:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks