• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my latest creation

whistlepig

Thanks again to everyone for the positive comments! Also thanks for allowing me to post pics of a homemade (non military) vehicle. I had read about at least some interest in this sort of thing in the threads on this site and hoped a few of you would enjoy a few photographs. For those that asked about build pics I'll try to post a few when I can find them.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sa-Weet! Third pic even comes with soldier "B" s picture! =) Dimensions and stuff from print or did you create them yourself! Agree with PB, my 300 straight six had almost 300,000 on her when I sold her..... Not a speed demon, but would run and get ya through. Appreciate the pics,,,,keep em coming if ya can. DARN NICE JOB!!

whistlepig

Thanks Tony, The dimensions are mostly identical with the real thing . I was able to measure a sheriffs dept hmmwv and combined with some hmmwv parts I had made my own crude drawings. Most major body parts will interchange with a real Humvee. I'm not finished with the truck ,Still have to finish the brush guard and install the radio shelf I made the other day,plus lots of other stuff to come.

WAZ44

AH..... the great DEBATE....FORD vrs CHEVY DODGE vrs FORD and so on ....... I own FORDS anyway nice job what with vision determination and skill a great project no different from the (REAL) equipment I got a m916A1 FREIGHTLINER with OSHKOSH axles and suspension looks good

whistlepig

012.jpg011.jpg014.jpgHere's some more pics haven't done much but did add an antenna bracket and a hf 12000lb winch. Still working on a luverne style brush guard. I'm making the whole thing from scratch and was wondering if anyone could tell me about what radius the bends on the corners of a real luverne guard are.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent fabrication work. I'm sure many who see your truck don't know it's not the real thing! Thanks for sharing.

whistlepig

99nouns,If your questions for me (somehow pics and discussion of an m35 have ended up in this thread),my truck is capable of all wheel drive and
I went with straight axles and leaf springs for simplicity also most of the parts were just laying around the shop.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've done an absolutely incredible job with the fabrication and design!! Amazing!! As far as the deuce and a half, it nice. But your creation? It's a masterpiece!!

99nouns

99nouns,If your questions for me (somehow pics and discussion of an m35 have ended up in this thread),my truck is capable of all wheel drive and
I went with straight axles and leaf springs for simplicity also most of the parts were just laying around the shop.
I am amazed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks