My Little Black Truck (Deuce ****)

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

frank8003

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let Us know how many hours you have spent enjoying........
Don't be bashful
A successful effort like this is rewarded with those hours passed driving Her
We want to know about those hours spent too.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let Us know how many hours you have spent enjoying........
Don't be bashful
A successful effort like this is rewarded with those hours passed driving Her
We want to know about those hours spent too.
Oh man... for the first 30 months I had the truck hardly a day went by that I didn't do something to the truck. It was an obsession. Regardless of weather, I worked my butt off to correct what had been done wrong, and to take care of the things that had been neglected, as well as making things the way I wanted them to be. I have no idea how many hours total I've put in, but just as an example/guestimation, I'd say I probably spent around a hundred hours just on the dash remodel/overlay/gauge restoration alone.

I drive it at least a few times a week on errands or to go to shooting competitions, and I put between 3k-5k miles a year on the odometer.

Last edited:

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful work!

How's it drive, is it squirrelly at all at speed?
Thanks,
It steers and tracks wonderfully, but even with power steering, damper, and geometry improvements, at speed there is still some bump-steer encountered over bridge seams and the like. I believe that's just the nature of trying to tame the mass of 4' tires.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks