• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Little Deuce Coupe!

seabeeElf

I just got my first deuce! Attached is the "Before" photo. I will be doing some restoration and I will post the "after" shots.

Thanks to all on this site. I have learned so much reading through the threads.

Attachments

dk8019

Will it fit in the garage? If that's your neighborhood I would be wary of HOA coming after you! Best of luck on the restore though, these things are a blast!

54reo

SgtHatred said:
Congrats on the nice looking duece! The duece I just got has that number "8" on the passenger door also. Anybody out there know what it means?
Bridge weight class.

seabeeElf

It doesn't fit in the garage...Ha. I am just terrorizing my neighbors for a couple of days. I will keep it at my shop.
Tim, is that you? "barrman?" Good to meet you too. I was so excited to drive my new truck I took off right away. After I was on the road I wished that I had stayed back while you guys ate, just to shoot the sh*t.

Barrman

Yes that is me. Yes, I understand the "I just got a new Duece and I have to drive it RIGHT NOW!" symptoms as well. We will have other chances to sit around and visit.

madsam

I hate HOAs... That is why I live here... My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile, and they like my trucks. (They are truckers.)

I have to drive 100 miles to work, Denver, but only once a week. I stay for 3 days and come back here. :grin:

Oh,, Welcome.

Attachments

54reo

I hate HOAs... That is why I live here... My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile, and they like my trucks. (They are truckers.)

I have to drive 100 miles to work, Denver, but only once a week. I stay for 3 days and come back here. :grin:

Oh,, Welcome.
Now that is a view!

seabeeElf

Got the first coat of OD on her! I should have some stenciling done tomorrow.

What I have done so far:
Oil Change
New Air Filter
New Fuel Filters
New Oil Filters
New Speedo, Cable and Adapter
New gear oil in all differentials
New gas Cap Gasket
New Belts
New air lines under the dash
New tail light lamp
Re-covered seats
Sanded flat surfaces
Sand-Blasted nooks, crannies and undercarriage
Painted rims
Primed entire vehicle
One coat of Camo Forest Green.... To be continued.

Barrman

Carefull on the stenciling. I used stickers on the M715 and all of the Gasser except the back of the bed because I plan to swap out beds and don't want to waste the stickers. I taped 3" stencils to it and lightly sprayed paint on it. Waited 15 minutes, saw the paint had flashed and sprayed lightly again. When I pulled the stencil off the next morning, it had runs everywhere. Another day wasted sanding and painting the green again. Second try was more carefull stencil paint application and longer time between coats. Same result. Another day of doing the green again. Third try and I just did one coat of stencil and left it.

That was a few months ago. Over the weekend, I decided to put numbers on the A2 so I could legally drive it. (I need a picture with the numbers on the bumper to register it as a Texas former military vehicle.) I got runs again. You can't see them from more than 30 feet away and I just left them for now. I will probably fix them this weekend. I think my next stencil job if I ever get this desperate again will be with a roller brush.

These are the only pictures I have of stenciling. Results of the 3rd Gasser attempt and the front bumper of the A2 with just the new USMC Green ends.

Attachments