• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1008 Milemarker Winch Bumper

pgwaldner

Great job. I like it. I however wanted to keep the stock shackle mounts and bumper so I used the shackle mounts. The winch can be used front or rear and can be removed altogether quickly. The original shackle pins hold it on so it is very strong.

Attachments

biggestc69

I was going to do an update on how well the Milemarker winch was holding up so far. The midwest is in a pretty good drought so not alot of mud to speak of. Unless you've got farmer/rancher friends with ponds that are low :wink:. I pulled the usual downed tree's and other little jobs but nothing to were it would really test the endurance of the winch. Last week we all went out to hit the ponds on our UTV's and ATV's. I know what your thinking, how hard could it be to pull out a four wheeler/side by side and its not anywhere near the max working load of the winch. Well its a little harder than you think. I was the first one stuck and it took two 4000lb winches and a additional UTV pulling. So before we broke something on our expensive toys we decided to get the CUCV. Like I said earlier this was more of an endurance test, but there were several times the truck started to move on the really stuck ones. For over two hours straight it pulled out UTV and ATV's that were buried up to the headlights. And most brought a wall of mud up with them. I have an external power steering pump cooler and run Royal Purple synth for the fluid. After all that winching the return line was warm but not hot at all. I'll try and get some more pics and videos up if I get some more time.

Attachments