• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 Recovery in progress

wayne pick

Hea Rick. Just saw the new video, thats a shame. On the plus side, that engine actually sounds pretty good. It has some good snap to it when you crack the throttle and the body work to be done is minimal. Im shopping for an 09 myself, the ones in my price range are of either project status or just plain parts trucks. You almost have to interrogate people to get an honest answer out of them when looking at these trucks.

ricksherryjosh1

Yeah if you didn't know something was wrong the truck sure sounds great. I'm going to learn from this and using to move forward. This will give me an excuse to tear the top part of the engine down and get a peak at a diesel good luck with your search Wayne if I can assist you please let me know. I still don't regret getting the truck.

Does anyone know where to buy the desert tan military camo?

ricksherryjosh1

Also guys from what i read today I should have to replace the Head gasket, head bolts, of course that means also the intake and exhaust gaskets. anything else you guys would knockout with the tuck torn down that far?

markg

i would not pull both heads, im sure its just one. the way to tell is pull the intake off, lower the coolant level to just below the water jacket in the heads. fire the truck up and watch to see what side the bubbles come from. you might even see combustion coming from the cylinder if the crack is big enough. thanks. mark

ricksherryjosh1

That's a good idea, So with the amount of air or lack of means more than likely it's one side and not both. Any idea how to increase the water flow (after market products with bigger ports ect)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks