• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 upgrade project

maxpanic

I have a plan for my m1009 to make it more off road worthy and I would like to get advice before I get started.

My plan is
1. Change to m1008 axles 2500.00, purchased from parts truck.
2. Change to hummer bead-locks with 37" tires 500-1000.00? Considering diy4x.com or militaryoffroadtires.net or trailworthyfab.com
3. Add a 4" lift from ORD, if required 2500.00
4. Change to a th700r transmission, I have a donor '83 suburban
5. Replace driver and passenger seats, not sure what is best here. price?
6. Add a role cage, looks like a local custom fab will be required, 1000-2000
7. Add soft top from softtopper.com - 850.00
8. Get a winch I can mount in front or back, I am thinking 20k lbs, but haven't looked into this one enough yet. 2000-3000
9. Raptor line the flooring completely and most metal of the interior completely - 500
10. add a turbo 500-2500

I think that covers most of it. I am preparing to do the axle swap but am pretty sure I have to buy the 4" lift first so I don't do the whole thing twice.

Is this the best approach for making the Blazer a serious off-road vehicle? what else should I do? What am I planning to do that is not the right idea?

Thanks for the help guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks