• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 upgrade project

maxpanic

I have a plan for my m1009 to make it more off road worthy and I would like to get advice before I get started.

My plan is
1. Change to m1008 axles 2500.00, purchased from parts truck.
2. Change to hummer bead-locks with 37" tires 500-1000.00? Considering diy4x.com or militaryoffroadtires.net or trailworthyfab.com
3. Add a 4" lift from ORD, if required 2500.00
4. Change to a th700r transmission, I have a donor '83 suburban
5. Replace driver and passenger seats, not sure what is best here. price?
6. Add a role cage, looks like a local custom fab will be required, 1000-2000
7. Add soft top from softtopper.com - 850.00
8. Get a winch I can mount in front or back, I am thinking 20k lbs, but haven't looked into this one enough yet. 2000-3000
9. Raptor line the flooring completely and most metal of the interior completely - 500
10. add a turbo 500-2500

I think that covers most of it. I am preparing to do the axle swap but am pretty sure I have to buy the 4" lift first so I don't do the whole thing twice.

Is this the best approach for making the Blazer a serious off-road vehicle? what else should I do? What am I planning to do that is not the right idea?

Thanks for the help guys.