• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M109a3 going 100% LED

Darwin T

Has anyone checked out or purchased lights from Trucklite Military LED Lamps - Truck Lite???
There prices don't seem to crazy and looks like direct replacement:razz:

it is a direct replacement, but, make sure you get the 24 volt stuff. 2 of my decues have LED Headlights, 2 have LED Front turn signals, all 3 have Rear LED Tailllights. my M109a3 has all the interior lights LED and the License Plate Light is LED. when i take the dash panel from the first page (of this post) off i am going to paint the back glossy white and move it to one of my M35a2's. the other one has the old style dash and it will not fit on that one. they make all the difference. i drove my M35a2 with the LED headlight to Fort Polk, LA monday to pick up my New M105a2 for that truck. it was heavy rain and overcast all day. i don't think the old lights would have helped me, just the people coming at me.

PS. i bought some of my stuff from that company but unless you are in a hurry keep an eye out for sales and auctions, you can get a better deal sometimes.

Last edited:

bigreddeuce

Ok well the only 24volt headlights they have are over $400!! And thats for a single 7 inch light without bucket... I've heard of some guys getting the headlight pair for that price, any ideas where?

Darwin T

from time to time you can get a good deal on the LED rear tail lights and LED front turn signals on there also. i have seen the tan tail lights for $25.00 each last year and black turn signals for $75.00 in the past few months (i bought 4).

Attachments

salvorone@aol.com

can you post the # on the replacement bulbs and refrence the bulbs they replaced ? thanks , i think the led is the way to go for the deuce the bulb no# are
S/D TAIL 623
SD STOP TURN 1683
B/O TAIL 1251
B/O STOP 1250

PARK 623
S/D TURN 1683 B/O 1251

Darwin T

can you post the # on the replacement bulbs and refrence the bulbs they replaced ? thanks , i think the led is the way to go for the deuce the bulb no# are
S/D TAIL 623
SD STOP TURN 1683
B/O TAIL 1251
B/O STOP 1250

PARK 623
S/D TURN 1683 B/O 1251
i will try to find the bulb # for the ones i used in the cab. i used the same LED bulb in everything in the cab, even though there were several different regular bulbs. as for the tail lights and stop lights i replaced the whole light with an LED light. if you search the web for LED and the bulb # you need you should be able to find several places that sell them. they come in 12 and 24 volt so watch out.

Darwin T

if you want to keep your composite light but upgrade to LEDs saturn surlpus has the kit for you. under lights and reflectors "28V Composit Light LED Upgrade Kit " keep it looking old school but be high tech. check it out before you buy it just incase i am wrong, again. i just replace the whole thing on mine.

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you find an LED bulb for the stock tail lights? I have back up lights on my truck, and they use the same bulb as the stock rear lights.

chux72vette

would this still be considered 100% LED or somewhere around 125% LED.
I am liking how you did the New front add-on lights. My question is, is where did you get all the parts needed for them? Are they fabbed up, from something else, etc...? Thanx in advance and glad to see this thread brought back to life. Sheds new "Light",,,lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks