• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M146/future camper build.

camoyj7

This one of the M146 trailers I won. This one I went and picked up on Friday from Kalamazoo Mi. Made it without any real problems other than the brakes don't work well. The other one I'll have to grab out of Indy in a few weeks. Once I get them both here I 'll figure what one i'm going to build.

Attachments

agazza2

Great looking. What is that at the front of the trailer on the inside? Looking forward to seeing the other one, and seeing which one you start the build on. I seen those at Indy, they looked good as well.

camoyj7

Operation trailer lift. I'm going to be running 14-20's on my M146 so I needed a lift kit. I'm using a section of deuce frame in between the stock frame and suspension. Hoping to get it done by tomorrow.

Attachments

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WoW!

Is that the easiest way to do the lift, or do you have other reasons for doing it? I woulda thought blocks, . . . but what do I know.

ranchhopper

Hey Chuck that section of deuce frame looks kinda familiar you have some cool neighbors I would have a hard time getting away with that anymore with the cry baby next door I even have to paint on certain days depending if I get a wind blowing from his direction.

camoyj7

The reason I'm using the extra frame is so I can extend it to the back and join it with an icc bumper. I want to build a bumper with steps and put a pintle hitch on the back so I can drag my M105 with to. I still need to plate the sides of the frames and trim off the excess on the front. I don't like the trailer sitting the air with nothing under it so I just tack welded the frames together so I can get it back under it.

Attachments

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool! Are you going to have a probs w/ the landing gear lifting high enough, or being too extended?
Or is that something that's getting mod'd?

And, if you decide that you're parting out the other one, put me top on the list for parts.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks