• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M146/future camper build.

Bighurt

Now if I can only make the inside as nice as your M146 Ray.
As a remodeling contractor and finish carpenter, that's exactly my goal if I ever get my hands on one.

Wonder why they don't have any newer van trailer's, every MIL style van trailer I've seen is super old.

Enjoying the read, keep up the good work.

RAYZER

How's the clearance between the rear of your 931 and the landing gear? I'm a new 931a2 owner and I would love a 146 if I can find one, so far I've pulled a moving van with no issues of clearance.
Not to butt in but, with super singles there's almost none, but by lifting this trailer in the rear, the landing gear angle rolls back and creates clearance.
Is this correct camo?

RAYZER

Looks good! I didn't realize you used a different axle under the trailer, did I miss that?
What is that axle out of?
are the springs and hangers original?

SLOrazorsedge

I'd like to do the same thing to my M146. Dang, I just cut up a deuce to recover the steering and rear boogies and scrapped the rear frame section :0(. What kind of budd wheel adapters are you using? It looks like you converted the hubs from the 6 lug to the 10 lug hubs? Any close up photos would be great of the hub adapters or install. Thank you

Last edited:

agazza2

That turned out great Camoyj7. Thought about doing the same thing to my M146 when I had my M931. But since now I tow it with the M915, I would like to put 10 bolt axles under it. Must be a great feeling only having to carry 1 type of spare tire, and having it sit even. You going to also put a receiver hitch on the back too? Looks like you have it already set up for a pintle. Keep up the great work and photos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks