• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M3 Halftrack

Another Ahab

I expected "clanking", but no clanking. Smooth running. Looking good:

- The radiator louvers, I'm guessing manually operated from the cab, right?

zout

Went back to the beginning Don - Pic #1 posted up - fantastic job and it looks great. Hope your proud of yourself because that is very nice work.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wondered what it would take to get me to sit for 6 minutes and watch an entire video.

That was it. My first ride in a half-track, thanks Don.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at all the accessories she wears man.

It was great watching this from the start to first parade and those earrings and high heels set Zelda apart from the rest.

What is it like shifting on the move with the ancient transmission? Thanks again for the pics, that's one attractive lady.

battlecr

Look at all the accessories she wears man.

It was great watching this from the start to first parade and those earrings and high heels set Zelda apart from the rest.

What is it like shifting on the move with the ancient transmission? Thanks again for the pics, that's one attractive lady.
Thanks, it has been an experience, now comes the fun part adding the bling! It has taken me a while to remember how to double clutch again.

Don G.

battlecr

Well like ususal I've had a few setbacks and some minor glitches. Had some head bolts work loose and had to install another head gasket. But also got another major project out of the way. Got my perimeter rail fabbed up will install it tonight and get her loaded on the trailer for the 4th of July parade!

Don g.

Attachments

battlecr

Well it was time to replace the rear wheel cylinders. Tore the left side down first. Got it back together yesterday, my buddy helped me put the track on, not too bad. Also put a new sprocket on, outside idler half and adjusted the turn buckle. Took it and ran it and it ran really smooth.

Now on to the right side and she'll be ready to head out on the road!

Don G.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you left some of the mechanical to do after you painted it all up. Did the same thing with the M135 and although it seems like we're doing things backwards, it sure is nice twisting on something so clean.

Any and all of the detailed pictures of the work you've done is greatly appreciated. My niece wants a half-track so I know I'll get the chance one day.

Just curious, how many hours have you got into Zelda?

battlecr

Well I hadn't intended on leaving that but when the wheel cylinders failed,(which I honed out and rebuilt by the way) I wonder if the kit was old and the rubber was bad. Not sure why? Had to get it fixed. but it allowed me to up grade some track componets. Learning more as I drive the machine.

As far as hours yikes I can tell you how many years in October will be 5 years since the halftrack arrived at my place. It was hard to keep track of a 1/2 there 20 min's there. I know I got home alot of nights at 10 or 10:30 as my track was at a friends shop. There were some times I'd take a break and wouldn't be out there for 1 to 2 weeks. Seams like the boss thought I should spend some time with the family, go figure! It was like costs, I have a rough idea but I just resigned my self to the fact I just didn't want to know, sometimes ignorence is bliss! It was a passion from the start and I built it to drive and use this will NOT be a trailer queen, (untill the tracks give out)

Don G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks