• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M3 Halftrack

Another Ahab

As far as hours yikes I can tell you how many years in October will be 5 years since the halftrack arrived at my place. It was hard to keep track of a 1/2 there 20 min's there. I know I got home alot of nights at 10 or 10:30 as my track was at a friends shop. There were some times I'd take a break and wouldn't be out there for 1 to 2 weeks. Seams like the boss thought I should spend some time with the family, go figure! It was like costs, I have a rough idea but I just resigned my self to the fact I just didn't want to know, sometimes ignorence is bliss! It was a passion from the start and I built it to drive and use this will NOT be a trailer queen, (untill the tracks give out)

Don G.
mans_got_to_do.jpg

battlecr

Did get the right side pulled off and the new wheel cylinder in. Even got the Boss to come out and help me bleed the brakes! However I wasn't sure how to answer the question of the night:
Me: "Just get into the drivers seat and I'll have you pump the brakes." So she gets in.
Her: "How do you fit in here?"
Not quite sure how to take that ??? Discretion being the better part of valor:
Me: Very carefully
Don G

Another Ahab

Did get the right side pulled off and the new wheel cylinder in. Even got the Boss to come out and help me bleed the brakes! However I wasn't sure how to answer the question of the night:
Me: "Just get into the drivers seat and I'll have you pump the brakes." So she gets in.
Her: "How do you fit in here?"
Not quite sure how to take that ??? Discretion being the better part of valor:
Me: Very carefully
Don G

Wisdom.jpg

battlecr

Spent the weekend before last painting Zelda! spent last week putting on stars, hood and bumper numbers. Also got my plate in the mail I will mount that up and she's ready to go stepping out! Here is the before and after picture. I don't think your ever done!

Don G

Attachments

Another Ahab

Love the half-track of course, but liking the tractor and gooseneck trailer a whole lot, too. Nice.

Hey, and just noticed:

- What's the story on the narrow gauge tracks in the photo, that your "railroad"?!

battlecr

The locomotive on the left is a 1905 Porter compressed air loco. It ran in the Homestake mine in Lead South Dakota. The tank was designed to hold 600 psi.

Don G.

Another Ahab

Must.....Have......Track

Full track, halftrack, any track; take what I can get:

- Thanks for each and every photo of your machine, Don G.; they're a treat!

Guess you could say I'm a trackhead

Crack.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks