• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35A2 Cargo Dump Truck

sprucemt

JA, take a look at what Gringeltaube has done for his hinges:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=3104&&page=4

I think you would sell a TON of kits if you could offer a dump conversion whose kit included a way to keep the truck looking stock (i.e retention of the bumperettes).

Now, I realize that the bumperettes restrict to a certain maximum angle.... so why not make some kind of "quick attachment" like a pin on the top and a hinge of some sort on the bottom so that you could could simply drop the bumperette when needed?
The rear pic of Johns truck doesn't show the completion. You very well could see the pintle and bumperettes return.

mangus580

Making a cargo deuce dump has its challenges. Personally, i would prefer to keep the bumperettes, but I have only seen one conversion yet that has kept them. I am pretty sure it was Gerhard's truck.

I have lost my bumperettes, but I have retained everything else. (well aside from the pioneer rack... which is impossible to keep in the stock location)

The electric power packs are great for simplicity, but they are quite slow. I am happy with my PTO driven setup, although it needs some work (primarily in the seals department... it is an old setup.)

The nice thing about how mine is done, is its a bolt on setup to the truck. Only modifcation to the truck frame, was I had to remove a cross member for the cylinder to clear. The bed is welded to the dump frame in patches every 18" with about 1" of weld.

I have had some really heavy loads in mine, but nothing I would consider is 'too' much. It was built primarily for firewood, and works quite well, especially when loaded by the elevator :)

Attachments

jatonka

The Pintle hook, tie down clevis', Trailer electric connector and a 2" receivor will be there shortly, working alone now, with a bad back and rotten knee. JT

mangus580

The Pintle hook, tie down clevis', Trailer electric connector and a 2" receiver will be there shortly, working alone now, with a bad back and rotten knee. JT
My trailer connector is hanging loose... as the wires weren't long enough to get around my frame :-(

I do need to put a 2" receiver on mine still...

phataux

mangus i see you have a winch on the front. and i dont know if i am asking a dumb question or not but how do you run a PTO dump bed and a PTO winch or do you again i dont know also how much did the whole setup cost and would it be possible to take that setup and cut it down to fit a bobber. thanks for the info

knissen

You would need a PTO w. front and rear output.
I would quess that they are pretty rare? I fortunally have one on my M624 (norwegian version of M342 deuce dump truck)

keithc

Looks good. I would like to do to this to my deuce. Was this a kit or was it all custom? Are there any disadvantages of the dump. I think I would have to remove my bumperettes.

Thanks,

Keith cunningham:-D

keithc

Sorry, I just saw some of your posts explaining the conversion. Now my only questions is where did you get the cylinder/frame?

Thanks again,

Keith

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best place to find a hoist is to find an old civilain dump and rob the hoist, pump, and hinges out from under it. If you have the cash you can buy all this stuff new from any place that deals in truck beds and such.

I've got all the stuff to put a dump under my M35A2C. I just haven't got around to doing it yet. I'm going to run my pump off of a transfer case PTO and leave the trans PTO for just the winch.

jatonka

If you don't already have a transfer case PTO, it will be less expensive to add an accessory drive to your transmission PTO to run the dump pump. The accessory drive out put shaft also is easier to line up than the transfer PTO. From experience. JT out

grounded

Banned
If you don't already have a transfer case PTO, it will be less expensive to add an accessory drive to your transmission PTO to run the dump pump. The accessory drive out put shaft also is easier to line up than the transfer PTO. From experience. JT out
Any info on the accessory drive setup? i would be interested in finding out how to for my truck.

jatonka

I have an accessory drive for sale. It mounts on the PTO on the transmission, operates independantly of the winch PTO, just mounts on it. You can PM me or email anytime. JT out

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, I already have the t-case PTO. I have thought about selling it and getting an accessory drive and putting the rest of the cash in my pocket. I've studied the pump mounting and the way I see it I can run a sprocket off the t-case PTO and mount the pump easier than with the accessory drive and drivrshaft. Looks to me like the spare could be in the way on an accessory drive. I could be wrong. Care to share on some of your pump mounting experiences?

mangus580

m16ty... it depends on how close to the PTO you mount the pump. My setup has the pump back on the hoist itself, and the PTO shaft interferes with the spare...

I hope to some day move the pump up closer....

John... do you have a spare linkage for one of those rear mount PTO's? I really want to put the right setup on mine, not my cobbed up setup that I have :)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks