• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35A2 went though Hurricane Isaac and needs help

crazywelder72

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!! And it never hurts to talk to your town about some "help" since you helped out the community in a time of need. Even if its just the use of a garage or a town mechanic to help.

I am sure people will say differently but if yours is a multifuel..... then the cost of all new fluids isnt that bad.

I would put everything you remove from the truck in a drum just to let the water separate out and in a few weeks or so pump it into your tank. why waste all that old oil and gear oil when you can burn it.

3dAngus

Thanks for the comments I appriciate them a lot. But it looks like round two might be heading my way. The pearl river system by my house that backed up with storm surg during the storm is now threatening to blow through river locks and go over the levees because of the rain run off. If it blows i maybe in te same water level by tomorrow. I just put the cleaned starter back in and if that wasn't the problem the only other thing I can think of is the relay. If that doesn't work I'm going to push start it and fill it up and won't turn it off. I'm going to make sure the air tanks are clear, make sure my snorkel it sealed, check fluids, and try and seal everything up.

Is there any other quick garage emergency tricks to keep it cool, get it started, and keep me going if the crap hits the fan. Any suggestion is welcome because I may wake up tomorrow and go do this all over again.
Only thing I can tell ya to keep it cool is to pull out the thermostat.
But later you are going to have to get to the essense of the real problem.
Also make sure your belts are appropriately tightened.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much you did us proud being there and willing to help those in need, Nice Job! The previous suggestions pretty much cover all that you should do for the old girl to get her back into fighting shape! Thanks again for helping us all look good its much appreciated!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks