• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M373A2 Electronics Van / Storage / Workbench

MOFTA

Thought I would share my storage trailer project with the group. It nearly gave me respiratory distress getting it all cleaned out. To say that it had a mildew problem would be putting it mild. But, a whole lot of scrubbing and bleaching and disinfecting, along with a good high flow fan blower, made a BIG difference. Of course 2 coats of KILZ helped brighten it up. So this is how it started out.

John

Attachments

MOFTA

And this is how it progressed and turned out. I got the interior lights working, the ceiling and walls painted and the floor cleaned up nicely. I measured out for 24" wide racking that I picked up from Mr Walton's club store. Their version of the racks have an additional shelf included for less money. I figured my offset for the step up and had to cut just one upright to work out level. I used some synthetic workbench legs to build the bench for the front. All in all it has made a nice unit.

John

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Very nice. I have two like that. One is configured like yours (storage and a small workbench) and never moves. The other is my show/rally trailer. It has made 5 trips to the GA Rally and has creature comforts up front and storage in the back. It hauls the Mess Hall tent for the Rally. I also have a slightly shorter one that has a large door up front (it was used to gain access to a large AC unit that kept the trailer cool). It also has a door on each side and one in the rear. It was some sort of communication trailer that had a work station and was wired for 110/220 and had a telephone switch in it. Since you are in the area we should meet up and chew the fat.

Attachments

MOFTA

Thanks for the comments. I did fill it up rather quickly. I got tired of having to sort throught stacks of boxes. This let me spread them out to get a little more organized. And I am actually looking at another trailer to add to the fleet. I already have an XM971E1 ADP trailer that I am using as an office and workspace. It's getting a little crowded right now, but it makes a cozy man cave.

John

Last edited:
Nice trailers, Ive been wanting to get a M373, M146, M750 or the like for a live work travel trailer. I spend several weeks a year out in the desert living in a camper or outfitted shipping container on the job site, Ive got the truck, M931A2, and want to combine the creature comfort with the rugged large space of a real trailer, enough crappy civi trailers.

Im looking at auctions, but if any of you have knowledge of some one willing to part with a uinit please let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks