• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M373A2 Electronics Van / Storage / Workbench

MOFTA

Thought I would share my storage trailer project with the group. It nearly gave me respiratory distress getting it all cleaned out. To say that it had a mildew problem would be putting it mild. But, a whole lot of scrubbing and bleaching and disinfecting, along with a good high flow fan blower, made a BIG difference. Of course 2 coats of KILZ helped brighten it up. So this is how it started out.

John

Attachments

MOFTA

And this is how it progressed and turned out. I got the interior lights working, the ceiling and walls painted and the floor cleaned up nicely. I measured out for 24" wide racking that I picked up from Mr Walton's club store. Their version of the racks have an additional shelf included for less money. I figured my offset for the step up and had to cut just one upright to work out level. I used some synthetic workbench legs to build the bench for the front. All in all it has made a nice unit.

John

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Very nice. I have two like that. One is configured like yours (storage and a small workbench) and never moves. The other is my show/rally trailer. It has made 5 trips to the GA Rally and has creature comforts up front and storage in the back. It hauls the Mess Hall tent for the Rally. I also have a slightly shorter one that has a large door up front (it was used to gain access to a large AC unit that kept the trailer cool). It also has a door on each side and one in the rear. It was some sort of communication trailer that had a work station and was wired for 110/220 and had a telephone switch in it. Since you are in the area we should meet up and chew the fat.

Attachments

MOFTA

Thanks for the comments. I did fill it up rather quickly. I got tired of having to sort throught stacks of boxes. This let me spread them out to get a little more organized. And I am actually looking at another trailer to add to the fleet. I already have an XM971E1 ADP trailer that I am using as an office and workspace. It's getting a little crowded right now, but it makes a cozy man cave.

John

Last edited:
Nice trailers, Ive been wanting to get a M373, M146, M750 or the like for a live work travel trailer. I spend several weeks a year out in the desert living in a camper or outfitted shipping container on the job site, Ive got the truck, M931A2, and want to combine the creature comfort with the rugged large space of a real trailer, enough crappy civi trailers.

Im looking at auctions, but if any of you have knowledge of some one willing to part with a uinit please let me know.