• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MY M54A2 has arrived

alfa59

Hi ,
Greetings from Belgium (Europe). As I indicated in December I was looking around to have a M54A2, which In finally found. It has been delivered now last week and it looks fantastic. Now I will need to decide what if I keep my wife or my M35A2 :))

Some downsides:

When shifting down, it smokes blue /white, which looks to me as the turbo seal gone, so I will have to look for another turbo (today found out it has the original LDS 465 engine (oil dip stick behind turbo) although the ID plate says it is a LDT 465 -1-C (which has the oild dip stick in front of the turbo) -also the oilcarterss are as it should be for the LDS 465 (reversed to the LDT4651C
I ant to have a whistler turbo on it, so if any has a good one to sell, let me know

Other problem is oil leaking from the clutch house, which is probable sign of worn rear oil seal. Anybody has a miracle sollution for this ?

Regards,

Chris

Attachments

dburt

Nice looking truck! In the past, with old cars or pickups that I have had that leaked at a rear or front main seal, I would sometimes add an oil additive that would cause seals to swell up if they were old and shrunken. Sometimes it helped, if the seals were not too old and dry. I have a '94 Cadillac with the 4.9L V8 that has a leaking rear main seal that I tried the additive with, but it did not help. The car only has 90,000 miles, and has leaked at the rear main seal since 70,000 miles. Yet I have had the additive work on much older cars with much highter miles, so it is a gamble. I don't know if it would work with one of the larger diesel engined trucks or cause other problems.

oilcan

It might help to not fill the crankcase all the way. (seriously) Leave a little room for expansion so there's less oil to leak out the rear main. Don't go overboard with this, though.

Very nice looking truck. We want it back!:-D

Engine5

Beautifull truck you got there, a bit of advice, keep the deuce. Haven't you heard the saying, If you love something set it free, if it comes back to you make sure she has her own deuce. Just kidding, I think

alfa59

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

Oilcan, yes some goodies were left over here when some bases were closed in Germany ! :-D !! We are somewhat fortunate, but becomes now difficult to find more stuff...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks