• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new book - Vietnam Gun Trucks

DavidB

So if you have Gun Trucks have you read it yet and what do you think?
I have had my copy of Gun Trucks for some time now and have enjoyed the the work David Has put into another great read. This time of year the ground is unstable (toys get stuck in bunches) so I would encourage you to work on finishing the Deuce book.Summer is still a ways off.
DavidB

frank scholer

I got my copy of "Gun Trucks" today and I am quite pleased. The pictures are sharp and I was able to figure out how the armor plate was applied to the doors and windshield. That was a something I couldn't figure out from my other books. Kudos to Mr Doyle for a quality book!

Another Ahab

I haven't enjoyed the privilege or pleasure of reading your book, DDolyle, and I just ran across this today (from another thread here on SS).

It says here in this book (go to the link below and scroll up to Page 491, bottom left of that page) that "Eve of Destruction" was the only authentic gun truck to return to the States from Viet Nam. Is that right?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I haven't enjoyed the privilege or pleasure of reading your book, DDolyle, and I just ran across this today (from another thread here on SS).

It says here in this book (go to the link below and scroll up to Page 491, bottom left of that page) that "Eve of Destruction" was the only authentic gun truck to return to the States from Viet Nam. Is that right?

Correct. There are some very well done re-creations today that provide credible tribute to the crews of these trucks, but documentation indicates that Eve was the only gun truck to be returned intact from Vietnam.

Thanks to all who posted kind remarks above.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks