• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new iron...pending EUC of course

AM General with 70k miles.....miles kind of scared me but a winch truck for $1500 including tax and GL fees I could not turn down. Will be my first Deuce recovery (in Richmond)-about 50 miles away. Hoping to bleed the brakes, add fresh batteries and top off fluids....cross your fingers for me. Plan B will be to have it towed.

Immediate plans to add singles, with good possibility of getting bobbed over the summer.

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good score. If you bob it, talk to me about the cover - I need one to trade.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score for $1.5K, that would have fetched an easy $3500 here in Michigan!! And only 50 miles away, quite the bonus!

Sumoman

Congrats.. I remember mine.. all of 5 months ago:twisted:

Have a safe trip, try not to drive in low on the road having forgot to put it in high.. not that I have experience with that or anything:roll:

Sumoman

Nice score for $1.5K, that would have fetched an easy $3500 here in Michigan!! And only 50 miles away, quite the bonus!
What would be the re-sale.. I bought mine for 1000 with 25K here in KY, looks like that. If I could score 4-5 grand I might entertain the thought of selling for about 3-4 seconds:wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would not worry at all about the miles. The miles/hours on the dash gauges are very seldom accurate. When a vehicle would come into the shop for any gauge malfunction we would swap out the gauge panel with a repaired one off of the shelf. I was faster that way. Also most of the deuces got a new or rebuilt engine in the late 80s or early 90s. Too many folks tout the low or high mileage on a deuce truck and it means just about nothing. Also the army shops fall into many authorized repair categories from lower to higher echelon. The lower category shops if they suspect a bad valve for instance, they are not allowed to repair it in their shop. But they are allowed to replace the engine with a new or rebuilt one. And almost never when doing the replacement do they replace the speedometer with one reading zero miles.
Yupp. See pic.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks