• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new iron...pending EUC of course

AM General with 70k miles.....miles kind of scared me but a winch truck for $1500 including tax and GL fees I could not turn down. Will be my first Deuce recovery (in Richmond)-about 50 miles away. Hoping to bleed the brakes, add fresh batteries and top off fluids....cross your fingers for me. Plan B will be to have it towed.

Immediate plans to add singles, with good possibility of getting bobbed over the summer.

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good score. If you bob it, talk to me about the cover - I need one to trade.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score for $1.5K, that would have fetched an easy $3500 here in Michigan!! And only 50 miles away, quite the bonus!

Sumoman

Congrats.. I remember mine.. all of 5 months ago:twisted:

Have a safe trip, try not to drive in low on the road having forgot to put it in high.. not that I have experience with that or anything:roll:

Sumoman

Nice score for $1.5K, that would have fetched an easy $3500 here in Michigan!! And only 50 miles away, quite the bonus!
What would be the re-sale.. I bought mine for 1000 with 25K here in KY, looks like that. If I could score 4-5 grand I might entertain the thought of selling for about 3-4 seconds:wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would not worry at all about the miles. The miles/hours on the dash gauges are very seldom accurate. When a vehicle would come into the shop for any gauge malfunction we would swap out the gauge panel with a repaired one off of the shelf. I was faster that way. Also most of the deuces got a new or rebuilt engine in the late 80s or early 90s. Too many folks tout the low or high mileage on a deuce truck and it means just about nothing. Also the army shops fall into many authorized repair categories from lower to higher echelon. The lower category shops if they suspect a bad valve for instance, they are not allowed to repair it in their shop. But they are allowed to replace the engine with a new or rebuilt one. And almost never when doing the replacement do they replace the speedometer with one reading zero miles.
Yupp. See pic.

Attachments