• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1009 CUCV!

Fleg

My wife just got off the phone with Nellis. They said they do not drain any fluids. Barstow is probably the same.

Did they list the condition of your truck as running?

caladin

Nope but I hope that means they just did not check it or its missing a battery. Can anyone offer an Idea as to what that might really mean?

Mohawk Dave

Guys,

My OH9 came from Nellis, and it did have holes punched in the tranny pan and fuel tank, oil filter gone, diff covers hanging by one bolt. There are photos of the tranny pan in the first page of my build showing the hole near the corner before we welded in a bung/drain plug. I'm not making this **** up.

Hopefully they don't do them to all. Better luck with yours.

-Dave

Fleg

Guys,

My OH9 came from Nellis, and it did have holes punched in the tranny pan and fuel tank, oil filter gone, diff covers hanging by one bolt. There are photos of the tranny pan in the first page of my build showing the hole near the corner before we welded in a bung/drain plug. I'm not making this **** up.

Hopefully they don't do them to all. Better luck with yours.

-Dave

Nobody said you were making this stuff up but Nellis DRMO said with total confidence that they drain no fluids. Whoever punched those holes did it before it got there.

What condition was your truck listed as when it went to auction?

Mohawk Dave

Hey Fleg,

Condition wasn't listed, but the one next to it had the same treatment. I figured the Mechanics needed to drain fluids for transportation, but was not certain.

Unsolved mysteries i suppose.

-Dave

Fleg

Hey Fleg,

Condition wasn't listed, but the one next to it had the same treatment. I figured the Mechanics needed to drain fluids for transportation, but was not certain.

Unsolved mysteries i suppose.

-Dave

How long ago did you buy your m1009? Hopefully someone at Nellis wised up as there is no reason to do that to a vehicle!

Sardot1

I'm in Vegas now, cant make it up to Nellis to see my new truck, but I did stop in to see Omar (at Safe Autocare...see Incredillion's Nellis recovery from January) who will be doing the recovery for me and prepping the truck so I can come back to drive it home (and surprise the wife!)

Omar said he has worked on several of the trucks from Nellis, and said in general they have been in great shape....wants to get one for himself.

BTW, I'm here for a Front Sight course, brought my M1009, and so far has been a good ride for this trip.

caladin

Day 1 .. Just got her home

what are the things in the first picture from the left bottom?

what are the things 4th picture from the left top?

Engine looks clean but there is some body rust that will need to be addressed.

Last picture top from the left... I founds some odd pieces in the bed along with some random unfired ammo.

Attachments

Last edited:

tnttnt187

Congrats on your purchase.Time to break out the tools, band-aides and lots of beer:grin:.Also, I cant understand any real mechanic punching holes in tanks & pans to drain fluids. Work worth doing should be done right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks