• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1009

ldschmidt29

Picking it up next Saturday! I don't care for the Sea Foam Green color but I can always paint over that. I also wish it has the front bumper with the grille guard but I'm hoping to pick one of those up cheap. It has 50,000 miles on it and has little rust, 6 inch lift with 37" Tires. What ya'll think. Picked it up for 4,000 and it includes an extra transmission (4spd manual) and an extra Transfer case. Not sure if I will install the manual we will see how I like the automatic.

Attachments

DokWatson

Looks pretty clean.

Only negative thing i've heard about manual transmissions and the 6.2 is that its hard to get used to where to shift with the 6.2's small RPM range.

ldschmidt29

I might just try and sell the manual transmission on craigslist. It has everything pedals, shifter and all linkages just needs installation how much is the whole get up worth you think?

NICK_M1009

Nice lookin 09. I agree with the color. Olive drab or desert tan would suit that thing much better. The trans has got to be worth something to someone. Look in the classifieds, I've seen the brush gaurd in there a few times. Good luck with it...

ldschmidt29

Thanks for the comments guys! I have a lot of plans for the truck. Not in any particular order:

Paint (either Camo or USMC forest Green)
Rhino Line Interior
Replace cheesy steering wheel
Turbo Kit
Ammo Can Center Console
CB & HF Radio Equip
Lower The Gear Ration 3.73
Snorkel/Water proof Engine
Replace front bumper ( it doesn't have frame sticking out like most M1009s to attach Hook up points?)
Add Interior Lighting
Spare Tire Carrier (Either on back or inside or roof rack have not decided)
Water Containers
Lund Light Visor

And I don't even have the truck yet...hahaha, who knows what I will think of next. Glad to be a part of this forum seems like a great group if guys with lots of knowledge about these trucks!!

ldschmidt29

Ill post some interior pics when I get it next weekend. The Interior is in OK shape he just layed down a rug from LMC looks decent up front but bad in the back. He added a stereo and some speakers. I searched for some winch mounts on here couldn't really find anything I like that I can Buy or easily Fab, I do not own or know how to weld(er) or tube bender etc... I do really like "carcedcucv" and am curious if anyone has seen any like his before for sale or know how to construct one. Thanks for the comments guys.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checkout www.coloradoK5.com

They are a site for Blazers and such. More geared towards the off-road. Alot of pictures.

You might find some winch setups you like.

Last edited:

ldschmidt29

Thanks Warthog!! I am now a member of www.coloradoK5.com !! Lots of good stuff on there! Did all M1009's have the frame with the hook up points protruding through the front bumper? If you look closely at mine it does not and I think it may not be the original bumper...Id really like the holes in the bumper because it would make mounting a winch very easy!! Once I pickup the truck Saturday I will further investigate...hopefully I can just cut holes in the bumper!!

Hogg

There is a member on here "simoncrk", you should check out his photo albums. He mounted a winch on the front of his M1009... Its looks really good and still keeps the functionallity, and look of the CUCV's... I plan on doing the same set up to my 1009 I'll try and post a pic

Hogg

This is the only one I could find, not the best pic but you can get the idea. Any welding or fab shop could build you one of these at a fairly low cost in materials. It bolts onto the frame where the lifting shackles are located. He still has the shackles but they are now on the front of the winch mount frame

ldschmidt29

Reading my mind hogg! Thats what im looking for, is it removable? Id either do something like this or try to mount it hidden behind the stock bumper. That guy has a nice truck too!! Love the boggers on it.

davidkroberts

with the lower horsepower in the 6.2 i wonder if the gearing was changed from the stock 3.08? if they havent dont be shocked if its seems a bit underpowered with those larger tires.

nice rig. I love the 1009. I drive one as a daily driver and will not have anything else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks