• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M16A2 Half Track

metexaco

Don't guess this may belong with tanks but oh well! Didn't see a place for half tracks!

I am the proud new owner of a M16A2 Half Track. I don't know a thing about these vehicles but have always loved them. It was owned by a rancher in the Big Bend area here in Texas that passed away. I bought it on Saturday May 29, 2010 from his estate. Now I will have to find someone to ship it from there to Waxahachie, TX. very soon about 525 miles. It has been barn kept in the dry climate of west Texas and it still runs and drives. I have been told that I ought to take it back to a M3 but I haven't learned enough about it yet to decide what to do. I thought I would share the news with everyone and get other opions.
What is this truck worth in its condition???

Thanks!
John
469-337-4335

Attachments

Armada

Wow!!! :drool: Very nice! Congrats!!! [thumbzup] That is a dream come true finding one in the condition like you have. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that was in my barn. :D More pictures please.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find. Looks like it has had some restoration work done. The pulpit does not belong on a M16A2. The fuel tanks and covers are fabricated. I would put the quad 50 back in it before making it back into a M3. Truckingdeals.com from Palestine TX will get you a reasonable haul rate. I think your new track is worth 25K.

halftrack

Nice find. Looks like it has had some restoration work done. The pulpit does not belong on a M16A2. The fuel tanks and covers are fabricated. I would put the quad 50 back in it before making it back into a M3. Truckingdeals.com from Palestine TX will get you a reasonable haul rate. I think your new track is worth 25K.

Ditto.

It would cost you less to buy a quad then to make it back to an M3. You would need to replace all of the side armor and the floor. Congrats on your purchase. As far as condition of your truck, it looks excellent believe it or not. PM me if you have any questions concerning halftracks and quads.

waayfast

Uh-----what are you going to do with that??------------------------:p!!

Nice find!!

I own a vacation lot way out in the boonies.I just found out(story I heard at coffee the other day)that the old boy that put together the subdivsion up there had a track.Apparently got drunked up one night and while driving around the dredge ponds got too close to the edge and turned the machine over on himself.Fatal.This was years ago and the track was sold to persons unknown.

Anyways,enjoy the toy and MORE PICS PLEASE.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks