• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new to me M38a1

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Screenshot_2015-07-10-22-30-43.jpg
Here's mine next time I get it out I'll get you pics of whatever you need.
My # is 704-534-4486
Ken

misupratwin

Yes this is the original engine for this Jeep, I had to rebuild it due to a rod knock. I've been spending my nights after work sandblasting all the small engine related parts and painting them with chassis saver, I like the black and green look. It may not be exactly original, But it's mine. I have the body at the body shop getting the hat channels and floor repaired, Still have to go through the transmission and transfer case to fix bearing play and seal leaks. Soon I hope it will be finally going together, As time and budget allows ,it will.

Now it's all about the military specific parts, Parts I have collected so far include Dash, cluster, Generator, Distributor, gas tank, rear lifting shackles and spacers, grille.

Still looking for a starter, I can find expensive ones, I just need a rebuildable one. Really need a distributor hold down clamp too. And almost a Entire e-brake setup. Plus quite a few small parts.

misupratwin

Does anyone have a close up picture of the oil filter to head bracket installed, I have mine bolted to the head and I have a 1/4 gap between it and the block where the dipstick clamp goes. Is there a spacer that goes in there ? or is mine just bent ?

I could use close up pics of the entire engine if anyone has them or are willing to take them. The previous owner butchered every area of my Jeep. Thank you in advance.