• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New(to me) Oshkosh M1070

nitrox2595

Hey all,
I recently traded my 5ton (and some $) for a 99 M1070 HET. The headlights, taillights, all markers work, but I cannot get the turn signals to work, or the brake lights. The headlights, tails, and front signals are all the halogen. The highbeam switch works, and dash light for it works, but no turn signals or brakes. Also, The PTO switch is not working, to operate the winches. The guy i got it from said it may be low on hydraulic fluid(which it is), would that cause the PTO to not come on? Last question. Almost all of the headliner has fallen down/off. Has anyone come up with a fix, or mod for this? My idea was to get some 1/4" polystyrene/foil rigid insulation, and I was going to use the existing headliner to make a template, and glue it to the insulation, and use very small self tapping screws, or glue it back on the roof. All in all, the truck is great!! Thanks in advanceHET 1070 Left Side.jpg

Gunzy

Congrats. The T/S-stop light problem is likely a bad T/S switch. I don't know enough about the HET PTO system to help there, but on your headliner don't use screws as that will just put holes in the roof that will leak, stick with an adhesive. Good luck and have fun with it.

99nouns

Haha congrats to you on your new monster, enjoy driving on the 2nd floor while you still have money for gas, I call that a singulator truck, because either you gonna have to give up on your gf or the truck, lot of people let the gf go before the truck, but it sure is a one of kind experience.

About the light problem search the M939 series has the same problem addressed many times, it is either the bad ground connection, (yeah good luck finding that) or the actual turn signal switch which can be replaced or taken a part and fixed (if it is the same switch in M939 series) I dont know if it is the same.

My two cents but I am sure someone else with hands on experience can help you better.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that thing is badass!!

3M makes a great spray adhesive.
Several different ones I think. #77, #78
Can get it a Lowes or Home Depot

Don't use screws!!

Gunzy

2581131-1464036592-754846.jpgI can't get this to fit in car washes either. Maybe the next time I see a "Bikini" car wash we'll go there. :smile:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No drive thru's for you. As well a no breaking the 50mph barrier. That sound at that speed would make you deaf!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M920 and I think that truck is BIG until I see a 1070, Holy crap these are an impressive looking machine! Congrats on your new ownership!
KK

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested to know your plans. I've seen several converted into really cool expedition RV's. One had and expandable box mounted on the rear.

As a side note, two of these M1070's sold at auction here in TN this week a runner for $25k and a non-runner for $21.5K

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful about running over those little turtle bottom cars that you don't always see in a truck this big. I have heard this is hard on turn signals and brake lights!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks