• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New(to me) Oshkosh M1070

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey all,
I recently traded my 5ton (and some $) for a 99 M1070 HET. The headlights, taillights, all markers work, but I cannot get the turn signals to work, or the brake lights. The headlights, tails, and front signals are all the halogen. The highbeam switch works, and dash light for it works, but no turn signals or brakes. Also, The PTO switch is not working, to operate the winches. The guy i got it from said it may be low on hydraulic fluid(which it is), would that cause the PTO to not come on? Last question. Almost all of the headliner has fallen down/off. Has anyone come up with a fix, or mod for this? My idea was to get some 1/4" polystyrene/foil rigid insulation, and I was going to use the existing headliner to make a template, and glue it to the insulation, and use very small self tapping screws, or glue it back on the roof. All in all, the truck is great!! Thanks in advanceView attachment 633021
Alright nitrox2595 ... This post was back in 2016. Are you tired of it yet? Looks like a heck of a toy!

Redpawn

I got a Deuce and thought that was big. Then I got an M816 and thought that was big. But that's a huge.....truck. At least you don't have to worry about merging on the freeway. It will be like Moses parting the sea when they see you coming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks